The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > I finally got PS3!!!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Admiral

Yeah, they need to put out a PS3 battlefront. The first two came out so close together and they were very different in game play and graphics. Battlefront II always seemed more fluid. I'm surprised a new console game hasn't come out already. Force Unleashed was fun for one play through but really stale afterwards. Call of Duty, Resistance and Uncharted series, that's where it's at for me on PS3. Though I tried a new game about vikings that was fun. Sort of a PG God of War kind of game. More puzzle and adventure than combat. I like those kind of games.

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 05-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
Yeah, they need to put out a PS3 battlefront. The first two came out so close together and they were very different in game play and graphics. Battlefront II always seemed more fluid. I'm surprised a new console game hasn't come out already. Force Unleashed was fun for one play through but really stale afterwards. Call of Duty, Resistance and Uncharted series, that's where it's at for me on PS3. Though I tried a new game about vikings that was fun. Sort of a PG God of War kind of game. More puzzle and adventure than combat. I like those kind of games.
Is that the one called "NIER"? I've heard of it, but never looked into it.

Yeah, the Battlefront games are due for a PS3 outing....the PSP versions after the first two battlefronts really started to suck. (Largely due to a lack of twin analog sticks.)

I enjoyed but never finished Force Unleashed, and now a sequel is on the way.

Love Call of Duty (especially Modern Warfare 2), Resistance and Uncharted series.

There's a new Call of Duty from Treyarch (the side of the manufacturers that largely focused on the WW II era games) coming out called "Black Ops". Looks like it might take place around the VietNam era, or at least in the VietNam region.

Also, a new Medal of Honor game which will focus on modern combat this time around.

Since my PS3 has been down, I've been playing my 360 more heavily. But, I am hoping that GameStop will call me soon with news of a new arrival of PS3 shipments. On the 360, I just finished Splinter Cell: Conviction. It was a pretty cool, if short game. Also finished BioShock 2, another cool game. (Hell, I'd owned BioShock 2 ever since it came out, but never really delved into it until lately.)