The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > I finally got PS3!!!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2010, 05:39 AM
Fleet Admiral

I doubt you'll find any third party controllers for under that price point, jla.

You might as well stick with the first party brand....at least you'll know they work.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
I doubt you'll find any third party controllers for under that price point, jla.

You might as well stick with the first party brand....at least you'll know they work.
Very well. I'll get one eventually. Don't have a ton of time for gaming now since I got my job
Old 04-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Rear Admiral

Yeah, I'm been playing it for the short time that I have.

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 04-23-2010, 05:37 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the PS3 fandom, Quark! I know I definitely LOVE mine...

Old 04-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
I usually get irked when I'm having a bad day on Modern Warfare 2 in Free For All Deathmatch, but I stay off the headsets so no one else hear's me b**chin'.

I love my PS3. Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Resistance, the Call of Duty series, Killzone 2, the list goes on. I also have an Xbox 360. I have tons o' games for both.

And thankfully, my PS3 is still the original 60GB model, so I can play my old PS2 and PS1 titles on it.
That's so lame why they changed that.

*And thanks Vaako!

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 05-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
That's so lame why they changed that.

*And thanks Vaako!

And even more lame now, thanks to recent events.

My 60GB PS3, which has served me faithfully these last few years, one of the last of its kind, finally gave me the red light of death a few days ago. It was running perfectly one night, next day....bee-bee-bee-beep. It has not recovered.

Therefore, (despite considering getting it repaired for 150 bucks) I have purchased a PS2, and am waiting to get a new slim-line PS3. Sadly, all the local stores are out of stock on either the 120GB or the 250GB PS3's. I don't know what the lack of inventory's about, unless PS3 saw another upsurge of sales recently.

Either model (120 or 250GB) does not matter to me, as I have a 500GB HDD in my 60GB model that I will transfer over as soon as I get my PS3....still, it's nice to have such large backups.

Playing my new PS2 has caused me to revisit many titles I have since neglected. Chief among those, Beyond Good and Evil, whose sequel I await with baded breath.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
And even more lame now, thanks to recent events.

My 60GB PS3, which has served me faithfully these last few years, one of the last of its kind, finally gave me the red light of death a few days ago. It was running perfectly one night, next day....bee-bee-bee-beep. It has not recovered.

Therefore, (despite considering getting it repaired for 150 bucks) I have purchased a PS2, and am waiting to get a new slim-line PS3. Sadly, all the local stores are out of stock on either the 120GB or the 250GB PS3's. I don't know what the lack of inventory's about, unless PS3 saw another upsurge of sales recently.

Either model (120 or 250GB) does not matter to me, as I have a 500GB HDD in my 60GB model that I will transfer over as soon as I get my PS3....still, it's nice to have such large backups.

Playing my new PS2 has caused me to revisit many titles I have since neglected. Chief among those, Beyond Good and Evil, whose sequel I await with baded breath.
That sucks! I have my old PS2 still running, and have to admit I play it about equally along with my PS3 and PC. I don't have all that many games for the PS3, as I can't really afford 'em...

Recently, most of my gaming money has been going to cheap PS2 deals on eBay. Amazing some of the games you can snag for little to nothing (some of it hard to find). I just got Pride Fighting, which is supposed to be one of the best MMA games out there...for two bucks! Couldn't find it anywhere else for that price
Old 05-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
That sucks! I have my old PS2 still running, and have to admit I play it about equally along with my PS3 and PC. I don't have all that many games for the PS3, as I can't really afford 'em...

Recently, most of my gaming money has been going to cheap PS2 deals on eBay. Amazing some of the games you can snag for little to nothing (some of it hard to find). I just got Pride Fighting, which is supposed to be one of the best MMA games out there...for two bucks! Couldn't find it anywhere else for that price
GameStop usually still carries a lot of PS2 titles for 20 bucks or less....some you can even find as low as 2 or 3 bucks.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Well if you ever play Starwars Battlefront I or II online, look me up. I'm known as the illustrious COCONUTBALLS.

Those two and Call of Duty 3 are about the only PS2 games I still play. Battlefront 1 still has a surprising amount of people playing it!

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"

Last edited by Livingston : 05-11-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
Well if you ever play Starwars Battlefront I or II online, look me up. I'm known as the illustrious COCONUTBALLS.

Those two and Call of Duty 3 are about the only PS2 games I still play. Battlefront 1 still has a surprising amount of people playing it!
Yeah, the PS2 Battlefront titles rocked! The first PSP Battlefront did ok as well...but the series has gotten stale on PSP since then. I keep hoping for a new console Battlefront.