The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > What is your favorite last bridge shot?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2010, 08:50 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akula2ssn View Post
...Uniforms do need to be fitted properly to the individual, which one reason why I find most of the time when people dress up in costumes of the uniforms, it looks like crap...
That is so true hahaha! Heck, even Alan Ruck's uniform in the Star Trek: Of Gods and Men looked like crap.

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 03-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
Speaking of this version of the Enterprise-A bridge, I notice that this also had a white interior.
Yup, contrary to popular rumour Abrams didn't actually devise the blindingly all white Enterprise Bridge first.

He was about 21 years late on that, or 29 if we take TMP (which admittedly had softer lighting but was still all white)!!

courtesy of Saquist
Old 03-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Commander

As to the question at hand, I prefer the TUC Bridge overall although the image shown isn't my favorite view of it. The TMP bridge I also kind of like, but to me it looks a lot better in TWOK when they dimmed the lighting and gave it more of a feel of being in the Command Information Center of a ship. Same goes with the TUC bridge during the battle against Chang.

"Don't confuse facts with reality."
-Robert D. Ballard
Old 03-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
But I agree, I wish we saw more of this bridge.
I was actually referring to more screen time. I'm sure they would have had a complete bridge if they used the sets in 5 and 6.

This set was reused and redressed for the bridge of the Stargazer, the Enterprise C and the Bozeman in TNG.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I'm surprised THIS one hasn't been mentioned:

as well as this one that ALMOST was, and should have been:

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 03-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Yup, contrary to popular rumour Abrams didn't actually devise the blindingly all white Enterprise Bridge first.

He was about 21 years late on that, or 29 if we take TMP (which admittedly had softer lighting but was still all white)!!

Notice how modern the TVH bridge looks without putting Staples bar code scanners on the helm! I loved the lighting on that bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Archer View Post
I'm surprised THIS one hasn't been mentioned:

as well as this one that ALMOST was, and should have been:

I didn't like either....
I loved the D...but this was a bad way to remember her.
and the E...was the ugliest bridge ever...the cubical Helm would have been perfect for a dilbert cartoon.

Quote:
As to the question at hand, I prefer the TUC Bridge overall although the image shown isn't my favorite view of it. The TMP bridge I also kind of like, but to me it looks a lot better in TWOK when they dimmed the lighting and gave it more of a feel of being in the Command Information Center of a ship. Same goes with the TUC bridge during the battle against Chang.
I hear that.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Commander

The funny thing about the D bridge verse the E bridge is that the D bridge is kind of meant to be looked at from the position of the view screen toward the back. When you do that, you pretty much see the entire bridge. If you try that with the E bridge, you don't really see much except the master situation display panel in the back. The E Bridge is more meant to be look from the aft bulkhead where the master situation display panel is toward the forward bulkhead where the viewing projection is, or rather from one of the aft turbo lifts looking forward.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but if you look at the progression from the original Constitution class bridge to the refit, the Excelsior, the Galaxy, Defiant, and Sovereign, the command chair seems to be slowly but steadily migrating more towards the back of the bridge relative to most of the other stations as opposed to being closer to the middle of all of them like in TOS. The command chair hasn't necessarily been pushed closer to the aft bulkhead (although this is in fact what happens in at least one or more of the Constitution refit bridges), but it's more as if the forward as well as port and starboard bulkheads of the bridge are being stretched further out, pulling the other stations with it. It's just a general trend that I'm noticing and there are exceptions to this.

"Don't confuse facts with reality."
-Robert D. Ballard

Last edited by Akula2ssn : 03-29-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:43 AM
Fleet Admiral

I have noticed the Command chair receding back.

What made the D bridge so good was the three "levels"
They were stacked like stadium seating and it was really fitting for the largest class of ship.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
...don't know if anyone else has noticed this but if you look at the progression from the original Constitution class bridge to the refit, the Excelsior, the Galaxy, Defiant, and Sovereign, the command chair seems to be slowly but steadily migrating more towards the back of the bridge relative to most of the other stations as opposed to being closer to the middle of all of them like in TOS.
That is so true! You are right about that. It's as if the command chair is less and less important on the bridge. I mean, with Voyager it is practically right in front of Seven's station, and plus having the First Officer's chair right next to it leaves it out of the spot light and just make it another chair. Same goes for the Enterpriser-D and E chairs. But the cool thing about the E bridge, is that the first officer and counsilors chairs are farther apart from it leaving the center ceat more isolated. But still, you're right the chair does go further back.

I'm guessing the reason why the chair is further back, is because there is no more helm officer and no more bridge controls that need to be scene for teh captain, like the ships heading or the course that is usually put in between the navigation and helm controls.

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable