The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Original Series > The time has come to bash TOS (in a good-natured way of course)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2010, 03:36 AM
Lieutenant

Well for anyone confused where this topic went on the Star Trek Phase II forums, I was once again ''edited'' for some silly reason by ''someone'' with nothing better to do. This time and the topic title was changed to ''WHY WE LOVE STAR TREK.''

It is one of the reasons I always begin a topic on the ''official'' Star Trek forums first. I have never been redacted or edited here which says something.

UPDATE: It was changed back.

Last edited by Summer Storm Pictures : 03-02-2010 at 04:52 AM. Reason: I edited and redacted myself, ironically
Old 03-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Federation Councillor

That's very weird - although I have to say I've never been on that forum so don't much know what's it's like as a rule.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 03-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
How come the same person can access the engine room and poison the crew working there without any access issues (is engineering not a fairly sensitive place you don't want just anyone wanderins around?). What's with that?
Isn't that the same Engineering compartment that same particular crewmember in question had commandeered back when Scotty had to cut through the bulkhead with phasers in order to regain access and pull him out? What's with that?

Old 03-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwiseb View Post
Isn't that the same Engineering compartment that same particular crewmember in question had commandeered back when Scotty had to cut through the bulkhead with phasers in order to regain access and pull him out? What's with that?
On that same note (both episodes with Mr. Kevin Riley): So, one individual, all by himself, can run the entire engineering deck? Not only that...but they let him in there alone...again? After what he did in the earlier episode?

What's with that?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Commander

That's Captain Kevin Thomas Riley to you! Let's all pour ourselves a glass of milk and drink to his health.

Torpedoes are zeroing in on the ship. Even warp can't elude them. Impact in ten seconds. Nine... Eight... Seven... Six... Sir, it is disipating; it may have a limited range... Five... Four... Three... Two... Kirk reaches over and embraces the cute yoeman, just before both of them are thrown across the bridge (How romantic). What's with that?

Old 03-04-2010, 02:49 AM
Lieutenant

No self-respecting captain should ever be criticised for making the most of an opportunity to cop a feel of his Yeoman (unless he is evil and drunk and/or she has scabby legs).
Old 03-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Commander

Well I just criticized him. As thousands of others have before me. So I guess that arbitrarily means he has no self respect.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Captain

Can somebody tell me how a mirror universe whose society is based exclusively on trechery, deceit, slavery, debauchery, and carnal desire can ever organize and focus itself enough to get out of the brass age and develop technology parallel to our own civilization...? I'm waiting...
Old 04-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Fleet Admiral

It's the Pakled philosophy, just take it from someone else.

Most empires in human history had some kind of technological advantage when they started to conquer other people, but the fictional Terran Empire was created because of a mutually unintended import of Vulcan technology.
About social stability, the Mirror Humans are not unlike the Klingons without the honour ideal (which isn't always practiced anyway) or in other terms the rule is that there is no rule besides survival of the fittest. Should be fairly stable and it's not like the trade-off between barbaric vs. civilised behaviour, between imperialism vs. internationalism, between power and wealth vs. peace doesn't exist in politics.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
Can somebody tell me how a mirror universe whose society is based exclusively on trechery, deceit, slavery, debauchery, and carnal desire can ever organize and focus itself enough to get out of the brass age and develop technology parallel to our own civilization...? I'm waiting...
Maybe they just did all the carnality as a reward for inventing the transporter?

Work hard, party hard?

courtesy of Saquist