The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > XCV-330 Enterprise in SOTL 2011
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Fleet Admiral

Default XCV-330 Enterprise in SOTL 2011

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 02-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Fleet Admiral

That bugger is butt ugly....*shakes head*
Only star trek fans star a butt in the face with googly eyes. I can't believe people like it.
What a piece of honest to God crap.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Fleet Admiral

It's not a nice looking ship. I'll give you that, Saq. However, I think it's nifty that the little bugger is finally getting some face time.

I'm also digging the secondary hall on the ENT!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Commander

Can't wait to get the new calender. The XCV-330 is an interesting design I've been intrigued about for a while, will be nice to see that.

The NX-refit looks quite delicate and clumbsy, the nacelles looks like they could fall off at any second, this kind of makes sense though as the ships have become more sturdy with each deisgn and it does follow the natural evolution leading to the Constitution. Reckon I prefer the Akira-style NX, saying that it's still interesting, wouldn't say it was butt ugly.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Only star trek fans star a butt in the face with googly eyes. I can't believe people like it.
Saq,
Your passions will be your undoing.

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 02-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Can't say I get the fascination with the XVC-330 Enterprise either. Especially not when I read it was supposed to be a interstellar cruise liner...

...a passenger ship called Enterprise!!! What?!

As for the secondary hull on the NX-01......sorry folks, but after finally getting used to the "up-side-down Akira" after four seasons, tacking a secondary hull onto it, to retrospectively "correct" the original design oversight.

It just doesn't quite cut it. Sorry folks, I'm such a party pooper.

That
...is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence. - Q
Old 02-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Hm. To your eyes. I was intrigued by the Declaration class starliner when I fairly 'devoured' the Star Trek Spaceflight Chronology thirty years ago. Still have that book which, BTW, is chuck full of FNU class ships that make the Declaration class ship a thing of GREAT elegence and beauty in comparison.

(FNU = effin' ugly!)

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 02-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Fleet Admiral

I was always interested in what timeframe the XCV-330 was commissioned. It is established as being before Enterprise, but I wonder how far?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
I was always interested in what timeframe the XCV-330 was commissioned. It is established as being before Enterprise, but I wonder how far?
According to my official chronology that class was comissioned in 2133 and was in service until 2165. The Constitution class came along in 2188.

Now, again, this is from the Star Trek Spaceflight Chronology published in 1980 in conjunction with, or rather immediately after the release of TMP. It was an official tie-in and was as 'canon' then as anything that wasn't onscreen ever was or could be. It's canosity(?) is now more than dubious, as the Declaration class Enterprise is described as the 'original Enterprise' in this publication.

ATC this doubtful canon status actually sorta makes it canon, in this mixed-up, muddled-up shook up Trek Universe(s)........except for Lola.

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 02-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
According to my official chronology that class was comissioned in 2133 and was in service until 2165. The Constitution class came along in 2188.

Now, again, this is from the Star Trek Spaceflight Chronology published in 1980 in conjunction with, or rather immediately after the release of TMP. It was an official tie-in and was as 'canon' then as anything that wasn't onscreen ever was or could be. It's canosity(?) is now more than dubious, as the Declaration class Enterprise is described as the 'original Enterprise' in this publication.

ATC this doubtful canon status actually sorta makes it canon, in this mixed-up, muddled-up shook up Trek Universe(s)........except for Lola.
This is all that is known about it, disregarding the out of date spaceflight chronology stuff. http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/USS_..._%28XCV_330%29