The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > Season 5
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Fleet Admiral

Default Season 5

Just wondering were folks like Manny Coto.,Mike Sussemann and the Reeves-Stevenses would have lead ENT to. Paying again homage to the original series? More non-exploring stories in Earth's vicinity? More plot or character based shows or the best of both worlds?
Old 07-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Ensign

Memory Alpha has a little snippet at the bottom of Enterprise's page on proposed ideas and storyboards for the 5th season. It has some very interesting ideas.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:39 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean4000 View Post
Memory Alpha has a little snippet at the bottom of Enterprise's page on proposed ideas and storyboards for the 5th season. It has some very interesting ideas.
It dies indeed! Thanks!
Old 07-20-2008, 02:42 AM
Fleet Admiral

IMO, one of subtle differences in the 4th season's story-telling was to not either run a plot- or character focused show like it was usual in the Berman/Braga times but to bring all characters into it.
One of the problems in the hypothetical 5th season might have been the over-reliance on TOS homage and no-exploring. The Enterprise was nearly always in Earth's vicinity and if she ventured into Andorian or Klingon space she was back on Earth in the next show. That helped to tell the stories involving the forming of the Coalition of Planets but it lacked the 'exploring-being-all-alone-out-there' spirit TOS and TNG and ENT in its earlier seasons had.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:16 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
IMO, one of subtle differences in the 4th season's story-telling was to not either run a plot- or character focused show like it was usual in the Berman/Braga times but to bring all characters into it.
One of the problems in the hypothetical 5th season might have been the over-reliance on TOS homage and no-exploring. The Enterprise was nearly always in Earth's vicinity and if she ventured into Andorian or Klingon space she was back on Earth in the next show. That helped to tell the stories involving the forming of the Coalition of Planets but it lacked the 'exploring-being-all-alone-out-there' spirit TOS and TNG and ENT in its earlier seasons had.
I agree, but you could clearly see they were building up the appearences of the Romulans which would have lead to the war which would no doubt have been the arc for season 6 or 7. Season 5 I think would have went back to more of the explore plots but at the sametime building up for the war. (Eg the echo subspace relays suddenly going offline, cargo haulers getting many more attacks than usual, potential allies getting attacked and then finally attacks directly to Earth/Vulcan/Andor come season 6/7.

With the resulting war bringing all these races together, going beyond what the Romuans calculated could have happened. Then the Federation forms with the inital goal to stop such incursions from happening again.

So even just from those limited plots, Enterprise still had a lot of story to tell, and no doubt more creative people than me can think of even more possible storylines than that.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Ensign

according to the Trek timeline, the rest of the series would have been in the Romulan -Terran war.
Too bad it never got made, it would have been great
Old 12-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

My question about Enterprise is: Are the events depicted in These Are The Voyages considered canon? I have been reading a Star Trek novel called "The Good That Men Do" and in that novel Trip's death is not real. I won't reveal more because I don't want to spoil the great novel but I absolutely hated what B & B did for the finale of Enterprise. I always wondered why the finale was not Terra Prime. It would have made more sense because if that timeline is ever re-visited they would not have lost such a great character in Trip.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Fleet Admiral

It is canon but there is nothing wrong in ignoring the last episode, considering Terra Prime the series finale and telling stories in 2155 or 2156 in which Trip is well and alive. If you want an in-universe explanation, Riker accessed a not-so-accurate historical archive
Old 01-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Ensign

I just don't regonize "These are the Voyages..." as ever happening, I just pretend that what happend in the novel "The Good Men Do" and onward is what truly happend.

As for that season 5 information on Memory-Alpha, all I can say is "WOW" I am shocked that I did not noticed that until now.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Ensign

Thanks for telling me about that. The german version of memory alpha doesn't contain this special information. It was realy interesting to read the facts about season 5.

As I heared the first time rumors about ENT I hoped to see the foundation of the UFP and the reason for this event (the Romulan War). I was realy sad as I heard they will cancel the show!!!
I hope that they continue this Story about Archer and Co.
And the new show "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" are a good sign.
If they can make a CG-Show about SW they can do this with trek as well!!