The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > How Big Is The iBridge Deck On The Abramsprise??
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Lieutenant

Hmmm, that clears things up a bit.

It's not a massive amount of space, though. I'd say it's just about enough for a conference room, head, and Captain's Ready Room, or something.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
I have to agree with this. This is basically what I have been saying all along. The iBridge deck is extremely large and accomodates many, many rooms other than just the iBridge. The images help to illustrate the point.
Glad we agree !!!

Of course, I don't extend this to Engineering, but it is feasible for the Transporter, and IMHO this would make sense, since having the Transporter within easy access to the command crew would be quicker than going to another deck.

Sickbay, Engineering and everything else though are obviously on different decks.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Lieutenant

Didn't we get shown exactly where Sickbay is on that 'Experience the Enterprise" thing? I'm pretty sure it was somewhere on the saucer's starboard side. Probably somewhere you could get to very quickly just by running and a few seconds on the Turbolift.

I could see the main Transporter room being on the Bridge deck too. Or at least, very close by. Maybe it's one deck down, as part of that bigger "bulb" directly below the bridge.

Engineering probably takes up the middle third of the secondary hull, based on how we saw the multiple warp cores being ejected from the sloped neck. The Shuttlebay takes up the rear third, and the front third... who knows?
Old 02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
Hmmm, that clears things up a bit.

It's not a massive amount of space, though. I'd say it's just about enough for a conference room, head, and Captain's Ready Room, or something.
I'd say we have at least 1 or 2 Turbolifts, two windowed rooms on each side of the Command Deck, which might logically be Conference Rooms, and possibly the Head and maybe a Transporter Room.

Having the Transporter Room and two Conference Rooms on the same deck could be good as a way to hold meetings with officials and diplomats without showing them anything else on the ship.

For instance, negotiations between two factions:

- Each faction would beam up separately, and be placed in separate Conference Rooms, with a nice view.
- The Bridge would be sealed off, so neither faction could have access.
- The Captain, or diplomatic officers, could move between the Conference Rooms to hand terms etc. without the other side hearing or seeing what they speak about.
- When it comes to the final negotiations, hopefully a peace treaty or agreement, both parties might meet in a single room, the treaty would be signed.
- Since the parties are kept in separate rooms, violent or subversive activities by either party could be avoided.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Commander

Quote:
Didn't we get shown exactly where Sickbay is on that 'Experience the Enterprise" thing? I'm pretty sure it was somewhere on the saucer's starboard side. Probably somewhere you could get to very quickly just by running and a few seconds on the Turbolift.

I could see the main Transporter room being on the Bridge deck too. Or at least, very close by. Maybe it's one deck down, as part of that bigger "bulb" directly below the bridge.

Engineering probably takes up the middle third of the secondary hull, based on how we saw the multiple warp cores being ejected from the sloped neck. The Shuttlebay takes up the rear third, and the front third... who knows?
Front Third: Navigational Deflector controls and long range sensors, I presume, perhaps with other functions we don't know about.

I think I saw that large group of windows in the bottom levels that were presumed to be the Botanical Garden in the refit Enterprise.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Lieutenant

Oh, the bowling alley and pool, of course!
Old 02-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBuckFilms View Post
Glad we agree !!!

Of course, I don't extend this to Engineering, but it is feasible for the Transporter, and IMHO this would make sense, since having the Transporter within easy access to the command crew would be quicker than going to another deck.

Sickbay, Engineering and everything else though are obviously on different decks.
Engineering is definitely in the secondary hull. There may have been a time cut from the Uhura/Fermentation tank room scene to the corridor to the iBridge scene. She may have been in the secondary hull. But the transporter room is definitely on the ibridge/command deck. We saw Chekov run out the door of the iBridge and down a corridor to the transporter. Sick bay, I'm not entirely sure about. It has been said that it is on deck six. But according to the missile hit, deck six would be in the neck. That's not likely given the apparent size of the ship. It could be somewhere in the saucer, however.

Quote:

That is all possible. With the exception of the transporter. We saw Chekov run from the iBridge to the transporter. So it must be on the same deck. At least according to what I saw in the movie.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Lieutenant

Who knows; if the Transporter Room is meant to be easily accessible from the Bridge... maybe there's just a ramp or staircase. Nobody says you HAVE to take the Turbolift...

Last edited by Kaboom : 02-08-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Captain

Quote:
Glad we agree !!!

I agree with you and with ZIM. The deck is more than just the bridge. It is the "Command Deck" with the "Bridge" (I wish they called it a CIC! Love that parlance!) being at the fore. Now, if ANYTHING, there may be a connection to the Impulse Drive Control Room, but the Engineering Deck (or, as ZIM may call it, "Bud Central") is too big to be a part of that upper deck.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Captain

Quote:
I'd say we have at least 1 or 2 Turbolifts, two windowed rooms on each side of the Command Deck, which might logically be Conference Rooms, and possibly the Head and maybe a Transporter Room.

Having the Transporter Room and two Conference Rooms on the same deck could be good as a way to hold meetings with officials and diplomats without showing them anything else on the ship.

For instance, negotiations between two factions:

- Each faction would beam up separately, and be placed in separate Conference Rooms, with a nice view.
- The Bridge would be sealed off, so neither faction could have access.
- The Captain, or diplomatic officers, could move between the Conference Rooms to hand terms etc. without the other side hearing or seeing what they speak about.
- When it comes to the final negotiations, hopefully a peace treaty or agreement, both parties might meet in a single room, the treaty would be signed.
- Since the parties are kept in separate rooms, violent or subversive activities by either party could be avoided.
Great points/suppositions! I LOVE the idea of Bridge being sealed off from visiting dignitaries and seperate conference rooms on either side of the command deck "dome". What really would clear this up is a tech book on the New Enterprise. Come on, Paramount? Are ya listening? We're eager to help the economy move along by SPENDING, so supply to meet our demand! Even ZIM, who doesn't like the look of the ship, MIGHT be interested in a tech manual! (I said "might", buddy! )