The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > How Big Is The iBridge Deck On The Abramsprise??
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
That's basically what I mean - now - change that to add the curvature of the hull and have the corridor they appear from curve with it instead of run in a straight line because I think you have the viewindow is too close to the line of the corridor.
Like I said, it is a rough sketch. But to me it looks like that corridor is goes in front of the viewindow. That is a guess based upon the apparent size of the interior of the iBridge as seen when they enter through the door. It looks to me like the corridor extends further than the front of the iBridge. And why would that corridor they came from curve? If it did curve, it would be a very slight curve. It looks pretty straight to me.

kirk-bones-corridor.jpg
Old 02-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
Like I said, it is a rough sketch. But to me it looks like that corridor is goes in front of the viewindow. That is a guess based upon the apparent size of the interior of the iBridge as seen when they enter through the door. It looks to me like the corridor extends further than the front of the iBridge. And why would that corridor they came from curve? If it did curve, it would be a very slight curve. It looks pretty straight to me.

Attachment 1925
Because the entire deck itself has a curvature right the way around it? Being basically circular?

From where they come round that corner, there is nothing to see - you cannot state from that screencap that it's not a wall in front of them because there is nothing to see that proves the corridor goes forward from where they turn.

Which is what would be there if behind said wall - was the bridge!

The fact that there is nothing blocking the window seems to establish as much.

Also although the curvature would be there, it would not be immediately obvious from that short glimpse because there's not enough seen to see it curve. It would not be slight the more we saw of it and It can be tied into the curve of the hull at that deck. We can tell the corridor they are on curves, so why not others on a circular deck?

courtesy of Saquist
Old 02-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Commander

That door, Zim, is the Aft-Starboard door:

The viewer is visible in the shot where they enter the bridge to the right.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Commander

Also, we don't know where the person walking left-to-right as they run past and onto the Bridge is coming from:
http://reboot.trekcaps.net/caps/Star...rTrek_3225.jpg

Could be another Turbolift there, on the wall behind the Starboard side station.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Federation Councillor

A-ha! I didn't see that person on the other screencap.

I wouldn't have though there would be another turbolift in such proximity that didn't open to the bridge, but it's feasable.

Anyway - at the end of the day what is clear is that area was all one singular set.

That means blueprints must exist somewhere for the construction guys to build from, which detail the layout and the relation of bridge to corridors etc.

Until they surface, I'm not really losing sleep.

courtesy of Saquist

Last edited by kevin : 02-04-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Because the entire deck itself has a curvature right the way around it? Being basically circular?

From where they come round that corner, there is nothing to see - you cannot state from that screencap that it's not a wall in front of them because there is nothing to see that proves the corridor goes forward from where they turn.

Which is what would be there if behind said wall - was the bridge!

The fact that there is nothing blocking the window seems to establish as much.

Also although the curvature would be there, it would not be immediately obvious from that short glimpse because there's not enough seen to see it curve. It would not be slight the more we saw of it and It can be tied into the curve of the hull at that deck. We can tell the corridor they are on curves, so why not others on a circular deck?
Of course there's a curvature. You can see it in the screencap. What I'm getting at is that the perpendicular corridors may, in fact, be straight hallways connecting the concentric circular corridors that radiate out from the center of the deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBuckFilms View Post
That door, Zim, is the Aft-Starboard door:

The viewer is visible in the shot where they enter the bridge to the right.
Yes. That is exactly what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBuckFilms View Post
Also, we don't know where the person walking left-to-right as they run past and onto the Bridge is coming from:
http://reboot.trekcaps.net/caps/Star...rTrek_3225.jpg

Could be another Turbolift there, on the wall behind the Starboard side station.
I missed that! Thanks Buck! It could be a turbolift. Also could be a corridor. The person seems to be rather casually walking by. Even if it were a turbolift, it would still be in front of the bridge. And even if that door at the end of the corridor is a turbolift, it would still extend out in front of the iBridge. So either way, according to the interior sets, there is still a discrepency as to the relationship to what we see inside as opposed to what we see from outside. Personal opinion here, but I think that they just didn't care. They thought the scenes in the hallway looked cool and didn't care that they didn't match up with the exterior viewindow pullout scene. Makes sense to me. But I would like to see some blueprints as well.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Commander

Actually, I think the corridor goes around the side, and ends around 90 degrees to the side.

It looks like the corridor goes in a kind of 2/3rds circumference of the circle.

Nowhere near the viewer window at the front.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:31 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsrcks View Post
does it matter just asking
No, but it's fun (for some of us) to try and figure this stuff out.

We won't know for sure unless/until some official schematics are released. Even then though, it's possible they don't match what's been shown on screen.

The only way it makes sense to me: there are circular corridors on the same deck as the bridge that don't completely encircle it. Even if JJ and Co. didn't intend it - that's the only it way it works IMO.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
Personal opinion here, but I think that they just didn't care. They thought the scenes in the hallway looked cool and didn't care that they didn't match up with the exterior viewindow pullout scene. Makes sense to me. But I would like to see some blueprints as well.
Well, I mean given that the 'they didn't care' line is your preferred standard assumption on the whole flick period it's hardly a surprise you feel that way.

And it's possible there's an issue - but blueprints would answer it for all those who needed to know.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 02-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Well, I mean given that the 'they didn't care' line is your preferred standard assumption on the whole flick period it's hardly a surprise you feel that way.

And it's possible there's an issue - but blueprints would answer it for all those who needed to know.
Indeed. However, I doubt there will be any blueprints any time soon. At least not any "official" blueprints (because they just don't care) . Hopefully, some very creative fans are working on said diagrams as we speak. I'd like to see what they come up with too. There are definitely issues to resolve. And this is just the first movie.

Last edited by I-Am-Zim : 02-05-2010 at 10:12 AM.