The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > What would you like to happen in Trek XII
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 01-29-2010, 02:13 PM
TriggerMan TriggerMan is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
What he ...wanted can not be accurately be determined from what he did not do.
Or proposed, or talked about...

Quote:
Oh...yes...I know what you're saying.
I also know what you're avoiding.
You don't.

Quote:
Gene Roddenberry helped to write Encounter at Farpoint. He only had authority over the 1st season,
And the second.

Quote:
there was a strike that stopped his participation in the 2nd season
How would it have?
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 01-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMan View Post
Or proposed, or talked about...
I can see deductive reason is well out side your skill set.
So we can't draw conclusion about what he wanted from what he proposed or talked about? How about what he wrote? No?

I think you're just talking to talking at this point.



Quote:
You don't.
Your above statement clashes with that declaration.


Quote:
And the second.
Not full control



Quote:
How would it have?

For the same reason the writers strike of 2007 and 2008 delayed Star Trek from coming out on time. He was part of the Writers Guild of America.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 01-30-2010, 10:38 AM
TriggerMan TriggerMan is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
I can see deductive reason is well out side your skill set.
We can deduce from the fact that Roddenberry never talked about, proposed, nor produced WW3 stories that he wasn't particularly interested in doing one. There's nothing more you need to discuss on the subject.

Quote:
So we can't draw conclusion about what he wanted from what he proposed or talked about? How about what he wrote? No?
You didn't get what I was saying.

Quote:
I think you're just talking to talking at this point.
I'm talking to talking???

Quote:
Not full control
Would have been the same amount of participation until Season 3.

Quote:
For the same reason the writers strike of 2007 and 2008 delayed Star Trek from coming out on time.
Not directly.

Quote:
He was part of the Writers Guild of America.
It would only stop him from writing new scripts (which he wasn't doing anyway outside of one episode,) not from serving in his executive producer's role. His participation remained unchanged.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 01-30-2010, 10:55 AM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMan View Post
We can deduce from the fact that Roddenberry never talked about, proposed, nor produced WW3 stories that he wasn't particularly interested in doing one.
Exactly.
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 01-30-2010, 11:04 AM
starwarsrcks's Avatar
starwarsrcks starwarsrcks is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 3,062
Default

Well I want more character development, a good solid story do you think so
__________________



Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 01-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMan View Post
We can deduce from the fact that Roddenberry never talked about, proposed, nor produced WW3 stories that he wasn't particularly interested in doing one.
That is true you can deduce that.
Roddenberry avoided the war angle.
THAT would be a stronger more logical deduction with a longer pattern of recurrence.

Once again...
I am forced to make someone's argument more logical when they cannot.
I can't help myself. You could argue from knowledge and logic but you chose a meandering route to get there. It's like you choosing the window when the door is unlocked.

I waited...
But you never figured it out. Do you ever error check yourself just to make sure your argument is sound? You chose the most flimsy of arguments to stand behind.

Quote:
You didn't get what I was saying.
No, Trigger...
You didn't explain what you were saying. There is big difference.

Quote:
I'm talking to talking???
Correction.
Talking to BE talking.


Quote:
Would have been the same amount of participation until Season 3.
I said control.
You said participation.

The subject is "Gene Roddenberry's desire, motive or inclination to go further into the World War III scenario he created. You provided the erroneous rebuttal that his death had little to do with his inaction to that objective.

He gave up control on season two. So...no. Not the same participation. You're 0/2.

Quote:
Not directly.
I don't know that.

Quote:
It would only stop him from writing new scripts (which he wasn't doing anyway outside of one episode,) not from serving in his executive producer's role. His participation remained unchanged.
If that's true then why did he give up control of the second season if all he couldn't do was write?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 01-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Dominus of Megadeus's Avatar
Dominus of Megadeus Dominus of Megadeus is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,099
Default

I'd like to see Spock and Uhura in the mess hall, late when every one is asleep, making pancakes.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 01-30-2010, 05:05 PM
TriggerMan TriggerMan is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
That is true you can deduce that.
Roddenberry avoided the war angle.
THAT would be a stronger more logical deduction with a longer pattern of recurrence.
Right, which is why his death doesn't change the fact that he didn't want to, and the fact its seldom if ever brought is up is why no one else wants to do a WW3 story either.

Quote:
Blah, blah, blah
Right.

Quote:
No, Trigger...
You didn't explain what you were saying. There is big difference.
Not my problem, you shoulda figured it out.

Quote:
I said control.
You said participation.
Your quote:
http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/...6&postcount=90

"there was a strike that stopped his participation in the 2nd season"

Quote:
The subject is "Gene Roddenberry's desire, motive or inclination to go further into the World War III scenario he created. You provided the erroneous rebuttal that his death had little to do with his inaction to that objective.
Right, because as he was alive he never wanted to do it. How you can refute that?

Quote:
He gave up control on season two. So...no. Not the same participation. You're 0/2.

If that's true then why did he give up control of the second season if all he couldn't do was write?
Ask Wiki, where you're copying and pasting your uncited information from.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 01-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Dominus of Megadeus's Avatar
Dominus of Megadeus Dominus of Megadeus is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,099
Default

Another thing I'd like to see:

Captain Kirk: "...I'm going down there. Bones, Spock, Bob; You're with me."
Ensign Bob: "Huh?"
Kirk: "Is there a problem?"
Bob: "Uh, can't Uhura go down?"
Kirk: "Ensign, Uhura is needed on communications, and I don't remember ever asking for your advice on away team assembly. Now, let's go."
Bob: "I just had this shirt dry cleaned."
Kirk looks incredulously at the ensign, strip of light across his face, TOS style.
Bob: "Now, dang it! I know I'm going to get in trouble, but look at me. LOOK AT ME! I'm wearing a RED SHIRT! I may have born AT NIGHT, but I wasn't born LAST NIGHT!"
Spock gives Bob the Vulcan Nerve Pinch.
Kirk: "Thanks, Spock. Cupcake, take Ensign Bob to Transporter Room 4."
Security Officer: (Sigh) "Aye, sir."
Cupcake mutters, "If he calls me cupcake one more time..."
KirK: "By the way...You're on the away team, too."
Cupcake: "Huh???"
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 01-30-2010, 08:19 PM
NCC_1701A's Avatar
NCC_1701A NCC_1701A is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus of Megadeus View Post
Another thing I'd like to see:

Captain Kirk: "...I'm going down there. Bones, Spock, Bob; You're with me."
Ensign Bob: "Huh?"
Kirk: "Is there a problem?"
Bob: "Uh, can't Uhura go down?"
Kirk: "Ensign, Uhura is needed on communications, and I don't remember ever asking for your advice on away team assembly. Now, let's go."
Bob: "I just had this shirt dry cleaned."
Kirk looks incredulously at the ensign, strip of light across his face, TOS style.
Bob: "Now, dang it! I know I'm going to get in trouble, but look at me. LOOK AT ME! I'm wearing a RED SHIRT! I may have born AT NIGHT, but I wasn't born LAST NIGHT!"
Spock gives Bob the Vulcan Nerve Pinch.
Kirk: "Thanks, Spock. Cupcake, take Ensign Bob to Transporter Room 4."
Security Officer: (Sigh) "Aye, sir."
Cupcake mutters, "If he calls me cupcake one more time..."
KirK: "By the way...You're on the away team, too."
Cupcake: "Huh???"
__________________
And thats my opinion. (Disclaimer) My opinion's should always be regarded as facts.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.