The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > new predators
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
Yeah, near future from the film's perspective, not ours now. I'll check it out, been a long time since I've seen it. Doesn't seem to get TV time like the first one did.
It's actually quite a bit more gory than the first. Plus, you've got the sex scene and lots of bad language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagaditH View Post
Predator 2 is awesome. Anyone caught the gimps of the alien skull at the end?
I remember seeing that when I was little and thinking about how awesome it would be to see an AvP movie. Too bad I was let down (along with everyone else).
Old 01-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
Yeah, I enjoyed Predator 2 as well. I couldn't see why it wasn't as well received as the first one.
Yeah, I always liked Predator 2 as well. It was a good way to go, city heat and all that. From one jungle to another.

Also liked how it was a bit of a detective movie

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 01-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
Yeah, I always liked Predator 2 as well. It was a good way to go, city heat and all that. From one jungle to another.

Precisely. I think it was bold of the creators to move it to an urban environment in the middle of a drug war. Kudos for trying a different approach! BTW, I want to see a King Willie reference in the new one...
Old 01-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Fleet Admiral

For the gamers out there, we have a new AvP game coming out next month: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_...8video_game%29

Sounds pretty sweet.

EDIT: Check out the videos too! http://www.sega.com/games/aliens-vs-predator/

WOW!

Last edited by jla1987 : 01-19-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:

Indeed. That was something I enjoyed about both movies....they were almost two movies in one.

Predator-- A crack rescue unit is misused to take down a military threat. Upon discovery that the "rescue" was a ruse, the team attempt to make their way back to friendly territory. Little do they realize, it's more than just the Russians that are after them.

Predator 2-- It is a concrete jungle. There is a war going on. Not a war over ideologies, or countries...but over crime and drugs. It is a losing battle for the police force. And soon, it will be a losing battle for us all.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Indeed. That was something I enjoyed about both movies....they were almost two movies in one.

Predator-- A crack rescue unit is misused to take down a military threat. Upon discovery that the "rescue" was a ruse, the team attempt to make their way back to friendly territory. Little do they realize, it's more than just the Russians that are after them.

Predator 2-- It is a concrete jungle. There is a war going on. Not a war over ideologies, or countries...but over crime and drugs. It is a losing battle for the police force. And soon, it will be a losing battle for us all.
It's also cool how the decided to place Predator 2 ten years after the first, leaving Gary Busey and his government guys time to study up on the Predators. Predator expanded it in all kinds of directions really. Look at all the awesome tech the Predator has in the second one. Very nifty stuff! It's a shame that the movie is so underrated.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:

No kidding, haven't thought of it like that but they were sort of two movies in one. In fact, Predator itself was almost two movies in a way: first part, elite commandos on an extraction mission; second part, alien makes a safari out of elite commandos. You don't really get into the Predator that much until after the actual mission the commandos are on is pretty much over. Guess he was sizing up his prey and all that.

I'm starting to get a hankering to watch Predator 1&2 back to back.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
No kidding, haven't thought of it like that but they were sort of two movies in one. In fact, Predator itself was almost two movies in a way: first part, elite commandos on an extraction mission; second part, alien makes a safari out of elite commandos. You don't really get into the Predator that much until after the actual mission the commandos are on is pretty much over. Guess he was sizing up his prey and all that.
The dual-movie approach for each film was what endeared me to them so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston
I'm starting to get a hankering to watch Predator 1&2 back to back.
Why fight it?

Also, admittedly, I'm probably one of the few who actually enjoyed AvP:Requiem.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Yeah, I enjoyed Predator 2 as well. I couldn't see why it wasn't as well received as the first one.
To me I thought Predator 2 was just campy. Not Danny Glover's best film.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:09 AM
Admiral

Quote:
I'm probably one of the few who actually enjoyed AvP:Requiem.
Is that the first or second AVP? I saw the first but never the second. I liked the setup of the first, especially with the Weyland-Yutani bit and Lance Henrikson. After that it just became ridiculous.