The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Best Reboot/Remake of the Decade!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-05-2010, 02:24 PM
I-Am-Zim I-Am-Zim is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA, Earth
Posts: 3,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMan View Post
Nope.
Yep.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I-Am-Zim I-Am-Zim is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA, Earth
Posts: 3,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMan View Post
Here's your chance to correct your post.
You might want to correct yours. Your opinion is not the be all and end all of every discussion. Nor is anyone else's. This is a discussion board. We discuss. We don't say "you're wrong just because I'm right". Again, you should take your own advice.

Last edited by I-Am-Zim : 01-05-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-05-2010, 02:41 PM
I-Am-Zim I-Am-Zim is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA, Earth
Posts: 3,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chator View Post
What did it achieve exactly besides making Paramount a ton of money? It trashed TOS characters, made Star Trek indistinguishable from other space based sci-fi dramas, by removing its signature elements, wiping away, or making irrelevant 40 years of consistently developed fictional canon.
That it did. Correct on all points Chator. But remember, if we feel this way, we are either "full of crap" or "boneheads".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
Ah man, some people will stay in the past while others are open to the future
"May you find your way as pleasant."
I'm perfectly happy in the past. I'll take "my" Star Trek over NuTrek any day of the week. Thank you. And in this I have found my way exceedingly pleasant. Live long and prosper.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-05-2010, 03:09 PM
NCC-73515's Avatar
NCC-73515 NCC-73515 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 7,225
Default

Exactly! As long as we're all happy in our worlds, wherever they are, everything's fine.
__________________


"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-05-2010, 03:52 PM
I-Am-Zim I-Am-Zim is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA, Earth
Posts: 3,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
Exactly! As long as we're all happy in our worlds, wherever they are, everything's fine.
Wiser words were never spoken my friend.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-05-2010, 06:41 PM
TriggerMan TriggerMan is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
'm perfectly happy in the past. I'll take "my" Star Trek over NuTrek any day of the week.
You are aware that there are other forums for old Star Trek as well? Are you not posting on them?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-05-2010, 06:42 PM
TriggerMan TriggerMan is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
We don't say "you're wrong just because I'm right".
No, you trolls say "We're right because everyone else is dumb." The whole "reversal" thing doesn't quite work out for you.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-05-2010, 10:02 PM
starwarsrcks's Avatar
starwarsrcks starwarsrcks is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 3,062
Default

There should be forums just for old trek fans ah well hope you still enjoy your Trek what's wrong with taking both?
__________________



Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-06-2010, 03:12 AM
horatio's Avatar
horatio horatio is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMan View Post
You are aware that there are other forums for old Star Trek as well? Are you not posting on them?
This is a place for discussion. You don't like that other people have a different opinion? Feel free to get the f**k out of here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMan View Post
No, you trolls say "We're right because everyone else is dumb." The whole "reversal" thing doesn't quite work out for you.
I only see one troll here and it is not Zim.
If you cannot discuss a subject without behaving uncivilised, feel free to get the f**k out of here.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-06-2010, 04:13 AM
I-Am-Zim I-Am-Zim is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA, Earth
Posts: 3,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMan View Post
You are aware that there are other forums for old Star Trek as well? Are you not posting on them?
Occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMan View Post
No, you trolls say "We're right because everyone else is dumb." The whole "reversal" thing doesn't quite work out for you.
Pot calling the kettle black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
This is a place for discussion. You don't like that other people have a different opinion? Feel free to get the f**k out of here.


I only see one troll here and it is not Zim.
If you cannot discuss a subject without behaving uncivilised, feel free to get the f**k out of here.
Once again, Horatio, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.