The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Gay character in ST XI?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #441  
Old 03-15-2008, 01:57 PM
tejdog1 tejdog1 is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasPlun View Post
I was not implying anything with this post . I am simpy posting a reason why this subject has been left out of the Movies and Shows. In the future it is quit possible that being gay could be a type of sickness. The purpose of this thread was not to discuss my personal feelings on this matter I think its best described in the bible Romans Chp 1,vs 22 thru 1 verse 28. Now back to Star Trek and what if there were no more gay people? Don't you think its possible?
You have to be kidding.
  #442  
Old 03-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

I see no reason for name calling, tejdog.
Maybe the Trek future is impossible with these behaviorial responses.
__________________

  #443  
Old 03-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Damage75's Avatar
Damage75 Damage75 is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
You are misrepresenting my responses, Given one side of my statements and not the other. That is a method of slander. Why should I feel obligated to do any you ask. And now you're attempt to manipulate me.

Why should the discussion continue between us when it seems you're unwilling to disarm? It seems you're only offering conflict.
Botany, don't get frustrated. I've been reading his posts for awhile now, and any time he gets backed into a corner and knows he can't get out he tries to throw the conversation into a different direction by making you out to be the agressor, typing "logical" statements that don't even relate to the question.

When you see him do that, you know you won that argument! Good job!
  #444  
Old 03-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Damage75's Avatar
Damage75 Damage75 is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
I see no reason for name calling, tejdog.
Maybe the Trek future is impossible with these behaviorial responses.
I agree. Name calling isn't necessary, but try this:

Instead of calling him a moron flat out, say "I disagree with this moronic statement".

See? Still gets the point across, but without the name calling.

BTW, totally agree with you.
  #445  
Old 03-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Botany Bay's Avatar
Botany Bay Botany Bay is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Berlin
Posts: 2,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage75 View Post

When you see him do that, you know you won that argument! Good job!
Well, if I would debate to win arguments I could be happy now. The trouble starts if one debates to learn from others and get insights into their worldviews.

However... moronic... I perhaps should use this term too, from time to time
  #446  
Old 03-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

Okay, That's cool.
I said before that it makes me uncomfortable to potray homosexuality on screen but I could eventually be okay with it. What you said shows only one side of that.

It's really illogical when people do that.

So let me start by asking you a question to see if you're capable of relating to the Christian point of view.

Botany Bay do you have an step brothers or sisters. Do know people who have any step brothers and sisters?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage75 View Post
I agree. Name calling isn't necessary, but try this:

Instead of calling him a moron flat out, say "I disagree with this moronic statement".

See? Still gets the point across, but without the name calling.

BTW, totally agree with you.

Your views of my use of logic aside.
The use of moronic can have no diplomatic purpose. You're attempting insult him in a very indirect way. You chose him as a target and ricocheted the insult to him off his argument.

No it's not as bad but it can be just as insulting. He's making the argument so you still insulted him from my way of thinking.
__________________


Last edited by Saquist : 03-15-2008 at 02:23 PM.
  #447  
Old 03-15-2008, 02:19 PM
tejdog1 tejdog1 is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 335
Default

Saquist still hasn't told us how homosexuals = child molesters, as he's stated on two seperate occasions.

He obviously has some strong opinions/feelings on this issue. As do I. I can best sum up my feelings with this verse from a song:

Now I'm not looking for absolution
Forgiveness for the things I do
But before you come to any conclusions
Try walking in my shoes
Try walking in my shoes

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Keep the same appointments I kept
If you try walking in my shoes
If you try walking in my shoes
-------------

Saquist - a challenge. I want you to stop being straight and be gay. Isn't that exactly what you want gay people to do? It's a choice, right? I could, in your eyes, turn straight?
  #448  
Old 03-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Botany Bay's Avatar
Botany Bay Botany Bay is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Berlin
Posts: 2,112
Default

Fine, lets try the socratic method: Stepbrother no, I have a halfbrother who is from another father then my own. How does this relate to homosexuality? Oh and yes, I do know people who have stepbrothers and sisters.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.