The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > THATS STUPID! (A thread for stupid things)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway72 View Post
I voted for Joe. He was a much better singer. Though the song did suit his voice.
The 12 year old? Really!!!

I don't get the appeal of him. He doesn't have the voice for pop, he'll be in stage musicals before George Micheal can facilitate his coming out party.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 12-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Fleet Admiral

Here's stupidity for ya':

On Bourbon Street (in New Orleans) where I work, apparently the Uptight Citizens' Brigade (a group of a few people that thinks they're going to change how Bourbon Street operates) has somehow managed to convince a local councilmember to sponsor some kind of law that gives the UCB (not an official name, it just sounded really accurate) some authority to hand out tickets to bars that are supposedly violating some noise level.

Ummm.... excuse me, but this IS Bourbon St....party capital of the US, home of Mardi Gras, etc. And yet you moved there to LIVE on that street?! What the frak did you think you were getting into? I work down there, and I have the good sense NOT to live there!

If I were a manager, and one of these UCB folk were to come up to me and hand me a ticket because my band was too loud for their sensitive little ears, my response would be: "I don't see a badge, now get the f*** off my property before I have the cops remove you!" and tear up the ticket right in their face.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
Here's stupidity for ya':

On Bourbon Street (in New Orleans) where I work, apparently the Uptight Citizens' Brigade (a group of a few people that thinks they're going to change how Bourbon Street operates) has somehow managed to convince a local councilmember to sponsor some kind of law that gives the UCB (not an official name, it just sounded really accurate) some authority to hand out tickets to bars that are supposedly violating some noise level.

Ummm.... excuse me, but this IS Bourbon St....party capital of the US, home of Mardi Gras, etc. And yet you moved there to LIVE on that street?! What the frak did you think you were getting into? I work down there, and I have the good sense NOT to live there!

If I were a manager, and one of these UCB folk were to come up to me and hand me a ticket because my band was too loud for their sensitive little ears, my response would be: "I don't see a badge, now get the f*** off my property before I have the cops remove you!" and tear up the ticket right in their face.

I agree with you there. I've heard some bands play in bars on Bourbon St. (admittedly, even from far down Bourbon St.) and to do what those individuals want would be like taking the rides out of Disney World.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
I agree with you there. I've heard some bands play in bars on Bourbon St. (admittedly, even from far down Bourbon St.) and to do what those individuals want would be like taking the rides out of Disney World.
A good analogy.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Vice Admiral

It's like when the Stupid Yuppies move out to the country into their little developments and then sue the farmer next door cause his rooster crows in the AM. I kid you not! They finally had to pass a "Right to Farm Life" law to get these Yupiie Scum to cease and desist.

If you don't like roosters, don't live in the country. If you don't like noise, perhaps Bourbon Street isn't your dream house either...
Old 12-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Federation Councillor

I live in a large town near a major city, but city folks trying to transplant their lifestyles to the country (because of course, it's always been their dream to be rural!!) and then trying to change it to suit them really offends me on principle.

Country life and city life are totally different - let each be what it is and then pick one to stay in!!

Same with Bourbon Street.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Vice Admiral

In this culture of entitlement, many folks think they CAN. Alas.