The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Why Star Trek XI is best!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2009, 05:20 AM
Vice Admiral

Would you like a tv series set like in the prime universe so there could be something that you would like

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Old 11-13-2009, 05:55 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
I feel the same about you Zardoz. I thoroughly enjoy discussing things with you. You are one of the most civilized, respectful, and pleasant contributors to this fourm. And I greatly appreciate and respect that. It's not as bad as it was a few months ago, but for a while there, I was catching a lot of crap over my opinions of JJA and the Abramsverse. It has slacked off quite a bit, though. Which is nice. So let us continue!
Well you are welcome on the NOTLN forum anytime Zim.

I like your veiws, even when I don't agree with them/ Alot of tiems I get prespective from you I hadn't thought of.

You have every right in my book to feel about JJA and NuTrek any way you want.
You'll never get greif form me over a view, but I will debate you!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Lieutenant

Do I love the new movie (and new "universe" in general) to pieces, because it renewed the franchise by ditching everything that had become stale about the later series and bringing it back to its roots while simultaneously making it fresh and updated? Damn straight.

Do I think it's better than anything and everything else Star Trek? ... No, I wouldn't say so. But it's pretty freakin' high up on the list.

Do I get annoyed by those who seem to breathe fire on it for some reason or another? Yeah, occasionally. Do I take it seriously or see any need to "stand up" or "fight back?" No, not really. The film is good and highly-regarded enough on its own. It doesn't need anyone else to further "defend" it.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:42 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Archer View Post
I hope I'm not alone here, but I am sick and tired of everyone wanting to hold onto the remains of a dead franchise and spitting venom at the people who were gracious enough to bring it back to life. It began with the stupid youtube videos pitting an aging 1960's Enterprise against the new state-of-the-art 2009 Enterprise, and having the old 60's ship win EVERY FRICKIN' TIME. So I decided to start a thread where people who thought this new movie was superior to every other form of Star Trek ever created could unite and have their say. I have discovered that the old Star Trek (Prime universe) is dead to me, and the new movie is about the only form of Star Trek that I really care about anymore. I find that the new Enterprise, the new props, the new cast, crew, sets, starships, space stations, planets, costumes, EVERYTHING that was in this movie is all that I henceforth regard as canon. So for all you canon-freaks out there, you can keep the corpse of the old Star Trek. I'm going to go with the new Star Trek, and I'm going where no one has gone before...into a new frontier. Now who is with me?
I thought you were going to explain why NuTrek is the best.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:52 AM
Vice Admiral

Was it boring, I don't care if it is not Star Trek to the movie haters also I think it breathed new life into the Trek universe like what would have been in it's place if the movie wasn't made.

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Old 11-13-2009, 07:13 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by chator View Post
I thought you were going to explain why NuTrek is the best.
Hmm, I guess I should rename the thread to "For those of us who are through with the Prime Universe"!

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 11-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Archer View Post
Hmm, I guess I should rename the thread to "For those of us who are through with the Prime Universe"!
I really don't think you'll get very many takers on that one. Judging by the general discussions on this board, even those who love the new movie still enjoy the prime universe and have no problems with the two co-existing. As far as being "through with the Prime Universe", you may be a party of one.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
I don't see the appeal of such a seperation. No controversy, no discussion, just everybody in his little collective.
Become one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8btuy...eature=related
Old 11-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Vice Admiral

Well I am with Admiral Archer I love the alternate universe now