The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > How do you feel about ancient topics?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-12-2009, 02:08 PM
martok2112's Avatar
martok2112 martok2112 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River Ridge, LA
Posts: 6,480
Default How do you feel about ancient topics?

I personally don't care one way or the other what you guys think about ancient topics, so that's why I'm asking?

(runs....hides)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Howlin' Wolf's Avatar
Howlin' Wolf Howlin' Wolf is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Outpost #31
Posts: 753
Default

You mean dredging up old threads or starting for example a new one about whether or not the Babylonians wore jockstraps?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:20 PM
martok2112's Avatar
martok2112 martok2112 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River Ridge, LA
Posts: 6,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
You mean dredging up old threads or starting for example a new one about whether or not the Babylonians wore jockstraps?
Actually, I wuz speekin' of an affinity for Cuneiform writin'.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Roysten's Avatar
Roysten Roysten is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 918
Default

I prefer the dredging up of ancient topics rather than a new thread on the same or near identical topic. And as for the dredging up of old topics, depends on the topic really.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Captain Tom Coughlin's Avatar
Captain Tom Coughlin Captain Tom Coughlin is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USS Meadowlands
Posts: 10,990
Default

Most of the people who posted on the old topics aren't here anymore so I don't really mind new threads on subjects that have been covered before. At this point, I think pretty much every subject has been covered at least once
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-2009, 04:19 PM
martok2112's Avatar
martok2112 martok2112 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River Ridge, LA
Posts: 6,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
Most of the people who posted on the old topics aren't here anymore so I don't really mind new threads on subjects that have been covered before. At this point, I think pretty much every subject has been covered at least once
So the rest is icing on the gagh!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Samuel Samuel is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
I personally don't care one way or the other what you guys think about ancient topics, so that's why I'm asking?

(runs....hides)
You just couldnt resist, could you?
__________________
Never underestimate the power of a dark clown!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Howlin' Wolf's Avatar
Howlin' Wolf Howlin' Wolf is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Outpost #31
Posts: 753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
Actually, I wuz speekin' of an affinity for Cuneiform writin'.

Cuneiform writing was probably invented by the Sumerians, but was subsequently adapted for writing in the Akkadian language, of which Babylonian and Assyrian are dialects.

See I'm with ya. We rollin'. Samuel, Cap and Roy, they hatin'.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-12-2009, 06:06 PM
martok2112's Avatar
martok2112 martok2112 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River Ridge, LA
Posts: 6,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
Cuneiform writing was probably invented by the Sumerians, but was subsequently adapted for writing in the Akkadian language, of which Babylonian and Assyrian are dialects.

See I'm with ya. We rollin'. Samuel, Cap and Roy, they hatin'.
But....I don't know WHO built the pyramids.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-2009, 06:07 PM
martok2112's Avatar
martok2112 martok2112 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River Ridge, LA
Posts: 6,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
You just couldnt resist, could you?
The Borg have a saying about that.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.