The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Heroes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2008, 06:07 AM
Rear Admiral

The Easy Button really helps when ordering office supplies though
Old 02-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Ensign

Another fun plot device, like Superman's Kryptonite, which I speculated about before info about Volume 2 was even shared, was the use of the Shanti virus as a plot element, which I thought could be a way to temporarily cripple the HEROES, like Peter or Gabe, and I kinda guessed correctly, at least.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Ensign

I'm a HUGE Heroes fan.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Ensign

Rajiin- do ya have a username at 9thWonders?
Old 02-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Midshipman

I love Heroes!

I don't know if this would class me as sad or naff but I have the Heroes Helix tattooed onto the inside of my right wrist. Think it freaked out Ando when I met him at a convention I was at a few months back...

Anyway, Season 1 was out of this world and I had high hopes for Season 2, hoping they would carry on the high standard of work. But sadly, because of the writer's strike that was not meant to be, though I must say even though an alternate ending to Volume 2 was used and they have had to cut a whole Volume out, it did serve it's purpose. There were several cliff hangers at the end.

Personally I am interested to find out whether Nikki died in the explosion or not. Seeing as we really don't know the true extent of her power - just that she happens to be hosting several personalities in that head of hers.

The Sylar plot was good but more could have be done to possibly carry it over into the next volume...create more suspense wiith the will he won't he get his power back thing.

I actually ennjoyed the Hiro going back in time story though it probably could have taken a little less time to cover. Brilliant twist though when Kensei turns out to be Adam Monroe and that whole shabang!

The one thing that I really didn't like was the whole Claire being a rebel/hang on maybe not thing and the love story with West. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed WATCHING West but didn't find the story very compelling. It felt rushed and kinda like they just wanted to have the cheerleader in it cause everyone just wanted to oogle her.

I hope Season 3 can pick the Series up out of this slump.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Ensign

Quote:
. He was interesting when he started questioning what type of killing he was comfortable with.
Yeah! And don't forget his appartement... with this 'forgive me'- corner which gave the impression he doesn't want to kill anybody. *shudder*

Quote:
I don't know if this would class me as sad or naff but I have the Heroes Helix tattooed onto the inside of my right wrist.
I wondered when people will show up with such tattoos. But I'd prefer to have a necklace with the helix.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saavik View Post
Yeah! And don't forget his appartement... with this 'forgive me'- corner which gave the impression he doesn't want to kill anybody. *shudder*
I love that they completely dropped anything relating to the FORGIVE ME room after the pilot Sometimes I wonder whether it should even be considered canon because at that point they were still considering making him a fallen priest, right?

There was a thread on a Heroes forum a while back that has since been closed about whether or not people thought Sylar was going to kill Molly when she was in FBI custody. I personally don't think he was going to (at least, he wouldn't have then) because he was dragging her away... it's not as if he's ever had any qualms about leaving a bloody mess behind for people to find before. That doesn't add to our discussion, I just really needed to get that out. But if everything had gone according to his plan at the end of season two? Yes, I think he absolutely would have killed her. But since I like her, I'm happy his plans were foiled.

Trekkette... I really want to see that tattoo!

Hiro and time travel... I really try not to think about it too much. For me, fanfiction* fills in a lot of those plot holes and "what if"s concerning his ability... and dang are there a lot, lol. If they addressed them all there wouldn't be time for anything else. Perhaps I'm unenlightened but I had a hard time buying Sulu's "It was meant to be this way" shtick. It felt like a cheap cop out. Dangit, I said I wasn't going to talk about this!

*There is an absolutely awesome fic about a very dark version of Hiro manipulating the timeline again and again to find the perfect way to get back at Sylar/Gabriel for hurting Charlie... it was pretty shocking to read.

- Session 9
Old 02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Midshipman

I'm a pretty big Heroes fan, and I think I'm one of the few who mostly liked season two. My favorite characters are Candice, Elle, Hana, HRG, Micah, Nathan, Sylar, and Ted. I love how much thinking the show inspires me to do - whether it's about the science behind the powers or something a little more ... philosophical. I also keep up with the graphic novels.

Trekkette, I also want pictures of that tattoo.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Ensign

Default A bunch o' links for your HEROES Scoop...

Just fyi-

If ya wanted a compilation o' urls to get ya the latest info about HEROES (though lately, of course, there isn't much in the way of news), then click on the following snipped url (it goes to a pretty unorganized thread at 9thWonders, and yes, there are 3 o's in a row in the url...):
http://snurl.com/HEROES_Scooop

Also, if you follow the online graphic novels, and just wanna see the "hidden content" (usually promo and bts pics) or Easter Eggs, then go here:
http://snurl.com/HEROES_GNEE

But if not, then that's okay, too.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I've been thinking about Heroes recently. I am starting to miss that show even though this season wasn't as good as last season. I hope they come back stronger than ever when it does come back. Can't wait to see the cast again.