The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > C L O V E R F I E L D *spoilers*
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Rear Admiral

Shame on you for not seeing it sooner! And shame on your for checking out this topic even though I listed it with spoilers, lol! But yeah, dude I think you'll really enjoy the film.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:20 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Im going to see it tommorow, its gona be wicked
Old 02-02-2008, 06:32 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
Shame on you for not seeing it sooner! And shame on your for checking out this topic even though I listed it with spoilers, lol! But yeah, dude I think you'll really enjoy the film.
Thanks

But it kinda was released here in the UK yesterday lol
Old 02-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Ensign

I saw it opening night, lured by the fact that the Star Trek teaser was scheduled to play in front of it more than anything else. But I really enjoyed Cloverfield, despite it giving me vertigo halfway thru the flick. Those last forty-five minutes were long. I thought it was an incredibly well-executed film for its premise. I thought the ending was perfect; who needs explanations for every little single detail? If they go thru with a sequel, I'm there with two tables of Dramamine by showtime.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Ensign

I kinda thought the monster itself was a little lame, it was on these wierd stilts things that made it seem unnatural- i'd seen the image they posted around made it look like a big whale or something those images looked cooler than what it actually turned out to look like.

Cloverfield moster looked dumb but movie itself was interesting enough...
Old 02-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
I kinda thought the monster itself was a little lame, it was on these wierd stilts things that made it seem unnatural- i'd seen the image they posted around made it look like a big whale or something those images looked cooler than what it actually turned out to look like.
Oh man, I'm happy to see someone else liked the mock-up whale one more than the actual creature. I thought I was the only one!
Old 02-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Rear Admiral

Is Cloverfield any good? I just can't make myself go watch a movie filmed like The Blair Witch Project, it would make me car sick.

Or would it?
Old 02-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Rear Admiral

Well, for me I didn't get sick at all. I was just kind of annoyed at times when the camera took forever to stay still or focus on what the heck we were looking at, but I recommend you check it out. *If you're pregnant, don't see this film*
Old 02-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post
Is Cloverfield any good? I just can't make myself go watch a movie filmed like The Blair Witch Project, it would make me car sick.

Or would it?
Honestly, it's been a while since I've seen Blair Witch but I'd say Cloverfield was a lot more intense with the shaky-cam action. After all, in BW the plot was kind of like a slow unraveling of events but in Cloverfield it's pretty action heavy. I don't want to warn you off the film because I thought it was awesome but you should know. Perhaps you should wait to rent in and watch it on a smaller screen instead.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenbacktango View Post
Honestly, it's been a while since I've seen Blair Witch but I'd say Cloverfield was a lot more intense with the shaky-cam action. After all, in BW the plot was kind of like a slow unraveling of events but in Cloverfield it's pretty action heavy. I don't want to warn you off the film because I thought it was awesome but you should know. Perhaps you should wait to rent in and watch it on a smaller screen instead.
Well, I don't think that would make all that of a difference. It would just make it harder to focus with something that intense on a smaller screen. Ofcourse I'm down to get it on DVD, but for sure I think first-timers of this film should see it in theatres.