The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Voyager > Would Janeway Have had A Board Of Inquiry After Returning Home?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by omicron View Post
I think Seven introduced much needed tension to the crew... After like episode 5 everyone was one big happy family... I understand the need to work together and all, but come on, they were the federation and rebels against the policy of that federation you would think someone would be vocally against the stuff Janeway does sometimes. In that way Seven served as an easy route for the writers to go, if they needed someone to critisize the policies/decision anyone on board the ship made they could just drag in Seven. Plus she has the added bonus from her Borg intelligence, she can argue with anyone on board because she has the assimilated knowledge to rival anyone on Voyager. So in a way it makes sense that she would be featured more.
I agree, excellent point about 7:9 assimilated intelligence and her status as a semi-outsider bringing needed tension to the Kumbaya Voyager crew.
7:9 also continued the appeal of the Borg, they (it) are (is) very facisnating to most Trekies.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:59 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusapartner View Post
I agree, excellent point about 7:9 assimilated intelligence and her status as a semi-outsider bringing needed tension to the Kumbaya Voyager crew.
7:9 also continued the appeal of the Borg, they (it) are (is) very facisnating to most Trekies.
I would have taken her alot more seriously if she hadn't been "dolled up." Ryan tried ot get past the fact half the reason her charater was there for the "eye candy factor" that seems to be in Trek shows from TNG (Having 1 charater who's job seems to be wearing tight clothes.) A real 7 of 9 would NEVER look liek that.

Zardoz also says more BBWs in Trek!
Old 12-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Starfleet always promotes the captains that go out there and get themselves into trouble. It's to keep them close by and out of trouble.

Picard just keeps turning them down...he know's what he is good at and sticks to it.

Sisko got out of it by becoming and incorporeal super being...lucky or what?

That
...is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence. - Q
Old 12-23-2009, 03:37 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I would have taken her alot more seriously if she hadn't been "dolled up." Ryan tried ot get past the fact half the reason her charater was there for the "eye candy factor" that seems to be in Trek shows from TNG (Having 1 charater who's job seems to be wearing tight clothes.) A real 7 of 9 would NEVER look liek that.

Zardoz also says more BBWs in Trek!
I agree and what the writers/ costume dept never understood was that Jeri Ryan would have looked sensational in anything. They didn't have to put her in the tightest outfit known to man to achieve the babe-factor. She looked great on the one occasion you saw her in the starfleet uniform

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"
Old 10-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Lieutenant Commander

If I was on the board of inquiry, I would ask her to justify arbitrarily deciding to interfere in Kazon/Ocampa affairs, and not taking the option of going home immediately by using the Caretaker's array, thus protecting her ship and crew, and reducing the chances of further Starfleet cultural contamination of the Delta Quadrant by eliminating a long arduous multi-year journey through it.