The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Will There Be A Game Tie-In?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2008, 02:06 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepton View Post
Any game based on this movie will be awful. There is not enough screen time, not enough back story to flesh out any of the principle races or conflicts, etc. Nothing to set the scene fully that will allow one to create an experience that is of that vision of the Trek universe in this movie. Some sort of lame FPS with Star Trek 0 stuff lain over it will not satisfy anyone in the least.
How can you be so certain before the movie even has a full trailer?
Old 01-31-2008, 02:48 PM
Midshipman

Trekweb says there will be no Trek game from Bethesda, the company that owns the license for Star Trek games at the moment. http://trekweb.com/articles/2008/01/...oftworks.shtml

I never thought I'd say that, but: Thank god they are not doing another one. Everything they did so far was complete and utter crap. They are milking it, throwing out half-finished or budget-products, hoping to sell the stuff on the name alone. Star Trek deserves better. Even Activision treated Trek with more respect. They has a couple of turds, too. But they also had some quality stuff like the Elite Forces and Armadas for example.

So: If someone else is doing it, there might be hope. But Bethesda? No, thanks.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:00 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Trekweb says there will be no Trek game from Bethesda, the company that owns the license for Star Trek games at the moment. http://trekweb.com/articles/2008/01/...oftworks.shtml
Well that's discouraging.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Iam glad to hear it as Bethsoft didn't produce a good game that was a terrible game that basically put the final nail in Star Trek gaming. Thank you Bethsoft, please let the license expire.

Cheers,

Acidrain
Old 02-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Rear Admiral

The would be crazy not to make a game for this movie.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Ensign

I really don't want it to be on the Wii if they had to make one. It's simply not a console build for the high-end gaming engines that we would want to play around in. Also, the 360 is easier to design the programming for than on PS3, so we would probably see another 360-PC game release like Legacy.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Midshipman

Personally, I've hated just about every incarnation of a Star Trek game with the exception of "Starfleet Academy." Too many Trek games put the action/adventure part of ship and personal phaser combat ahead of the entire POINT of Star Trek.

I'd really love to see Rockstar or Bioware to take a stab at it using the open-ended designs of the GTA series or Mass Effect. But hopefully with much better graphics engine, more interactive universe, and a more realistic ship combat simulator. Interwieving classic Trek episodes, alternate timeline episodes, along with the new Movie designs, create a completely open universe which allows missions to unfold at points along the game. So if I take the Enterprise to Earth, there might be a mission that unfolds somewhere in the Terran System. It could be one on Earth, the Moon, Mars, Space Dock, or any of the other planets.

And please, more emphasis on exploring new worlds, seeking new life, resolving diplomatic conflicts, along with ship and personal combat. And in the combat situations, can they please get the photon torpedo right? Its not just straight shot weapon, its like our guided missles and bombs. Also, it be nice for ground based weapon combat, use of other Trek weapons like Photon Grenades, Phaser rifles, or some 23'rd century version of a police/military baton? It be nice if the humans actually had some sort of martial arts emphasis and training too. Also, actually fixing and upgrading the ship would be an excellent change.

Vehicles would be nice too. More active use of shuttles and ground vehicles. It be nice if some of the planets would have defensive capabilties. It would also be nice to show how far ahead Starfleet is versus other space faring civilizations.

Just some thoughts.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:49 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post
The would be crazy not to make a game for this movie.
I totally agree!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Lieutenant

Game tie-in? I think we almost guarantee that one.....
Old 05-12-2008, 02:45 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolFan2020 View Post
Game tie-in? I think we almost guarantee that one.....
I think you have that one right!