The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Possible movie scenario
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Lieutenant

According to Memory Beta, Pike dies on Talos sometime between 2310 and 2321.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Lieutenant

I think that Nero will go back and alter history in the first Act and we will be introduced to old Spock who will have a Guinan-esque "Something's wrong here" moment. In the 2nd Act, Spock will travel back in time after finding out what Nero did in an effort to set things right. Along the way, he will recruit his younger self, and probably the rest of the known "TOS" crew in whatever capacity he can to try to stop Nero. In the 3rd Act we will see the TOS crew on the Enterprise battling Nero in the climax, which will result in old Spock being mortally wounded, probably saving young Spock or young Kirk. In his last moments, Old Spock will transfer his Katra to young Spock, which, because old Spock has become quite comfortable with his human half, causes young Spock to do his "early, unVulcan" like behavior we're familiar with in the early episodes, as he is dealing with himself and sorting it all out. With Nero defeated, the TOS crew will make a couple of comments, probably about how well they all worked together, maybe some comments intending to suggest that they'll probably never see each other again, since it's a big Starfleet and an even bigger Galaxy, with young Spock responding, "There are always, possibilities."

I could also be totally wrong too...
Old 05-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Lieutenant

I think it will be much more likely that the Old Spock will be telling a story to someone on how the TOS crew came to serve together.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Fleet Admiral

We've gotten a few cryptic indications from cast members who say they "worked" with Nimoy in the film... as opposed to meeting him. It's not solid proof yet, but I'm semi-convinced that Old Spock actually goes into his past, and this story is not just a 'trip down memory lane'. We'll see though...

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 05-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Captain

If it was just Spock telling a story, it might as well be the last of the TOS flicks. To pass the torch, the new cast has to actually be involved in the story.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Midshipman

Seeing the Enterprise-A would be pretty neat, but personally, I don't think it's going to include any major connection to any of the previous movies/series', it would confuse the casual fans, whom they are obviously trying to make the movie appeal to.

But either way, I don't think Nemoy is going to have such a large part in the movie, I imagine he'll just be there to tie everything together, or as a story teller role, as was suggested.

But we'll see
Old 05-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Lieutenant

So it appears it is STAR TREK meets BACK TO THE FUTURE.... Yikes! So I guess I'll make like a free and get out of here.... in the immortal words of Biff Tannon....
Old 05-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Lieutenant

You know I just had a terrifying thought... What if the movie is done as someone finding a bunch of Spock's old video recordings that are found at ground zero and....

Ooops, sorry.... I think I just had a Blair Witch... oops! I mean a Cloverfield flashback!
Old 05-12-2008, 02:42 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
We've gotten a few cryptic indications from cast members who say they "worked" with Nimoy in the film... as opposed to meeting him. It's not solid proof yet, but I'm semi-convinced that Old Spock actually goes into his past, and this story is not just a 'trip down memory lane'. We'll see though...
That synchs up with what I have been thinking.