The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Taking baby to first Vaccines
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Admiral

The thing is to use as little as possible of whatever you do choose to use. Both baby aspirin and tylenol have merit. I was always a big fan of children's Motrin for really high fevers because it works FAST. I generally let fevers run their course unless they get high....the reason the body is hot is to kill the disease...it seems counter productive to intervene unless the body is going into overkill.

I'm glad she did well, trekie....I would have laughed if mine had done the exorcist thing too...keep that sense of humor about barf because barf happens and it often happens in very spectaluar fashion...

My husband and I will never forget the night daughter (then 26 months) woke up, stood up, and did a "rain bird" barf all around her room at 2am...think of the stuffed animals!!! We were doing laundry until 8....fish sticks have never been in our home since (11 years and counting!).

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Ensign

Eeww, recycled fish sticks! I am amazed at how far & how much a little baby can spew. She is a doll, Trekie. Well done!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Fleet Admiral

Aspirin prevents thrombocytes from aggregating. That's why you have to be careful in an operation when the patient takes acetylsalicylic acid.
Wiki: "Aspirin causes prolonged bleeding after operations for up to 10 days."
Thus, hemostasis is inhibited!

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 05-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizadolots View Post
The thing is to use as little as possible of whatever you do choose to use. Both baby aspirin and tylenol have merit. I was always a big fan of children's Motrin for really high fevers because it works FAST. I generally let fevers run their course unless they get high....the reason the body is hot is to kill the disease...it seems counter productive to intervene unless the body is going into overkill.

I'm glad she did well, trekie....I would have laughed if mine had done the exorcist thing too...keep that sense of humor about barf because barf happens and it often happens in very spectaluar fashion...

My husband and I will never forget the night daughter (then 26 months) woke up, stood up, and did a "rain bird" barf all around her room at 2am...think of the stuffed animals!!! We were doing laundry until 8....fish sticks have never been in our home since (11 years and counting!).
She has done it plenty of times now and I am sure she will do it many times to come. One nignt she did it 3 times and I had to take a shower 3 times. It was all over my neck hair and clothing. I learned my lessone tho, burp her often and make her wait a bit between bottles even if she wants more.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Wait until she can stand....it adds a whole new "target zone" to her arsenal....and, the introduction of solid foods changes the "ammo" quite a bit.....

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 05-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
Aspirin is neither. It is an anti-platelet agent and it has absolutely no effect on wound healing.
Anti-platelet => platelets are the basic elements of wound healing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPQ View Post
No, aspirin is a blood thinner, not an anticoagulant.
Primary hemostasis is done by thrombocytes (=platelets).

Just telling you because it is important to know exactly what you are taking or giving your child.

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-