The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > Temporal Cold War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2008, 04:48 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny1 View Post
Ah, but if the sandwich hadn't been there, then the cat wouldn't have come sniffing around - if the cat hadn't been sniffing around, Mr. X. wouldn't have inadvertently stepped on it's tail, causing it to screech - had the cat not screeched...

(*Grin*)

'Temporal Continuity for Dummies':

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a nail!

P.S.... "Time is a river...an enormous, powerful river." This presupposes that 'time' already has a set flow - that the 'banks of the river' are predetermined ahead of time. On the other hand, perhaps it's 'just one darned thing after another'... and each event (or cusp) redefines the possible events that can occur past that point.
LOL well said!!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
Time...it keeps everything from happening at once.

These are the voyages of the Timeship Relativity. It's eternal mission: to maintain the space-time continuum...to preserve the past and to protect the present...to boldly go towards the future...

(cue music)
TIME TREK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
ROFL!! would you belive Commodre, I did almost the exact same thing in anothr thread today!!! Great minds think alike!
Nice...
I prefer "to boldy go when none have gone before."

Old 05-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
That is the best way I have ever heard the TCW put there C.

The point has been brought up elsewhere that maybe the figure in the transporter is in fact Nero. Would make an intersting tie in.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
The TCW was officially over after the early fourth season episode "Stormfront, part 2". The mandate that Berman gave to Coto was essentially to "wrap this thing up." The whole alien Nazi thing in 1944--that was Berman's idea, not Coto's. In the end, it was Coto who had to figure out (1) How to resolve the TCW, and (2) How to get Archer back to the 22nd-Century.

I don't think Coto had any desire to revisit the TCW storyline again after that--and I can't really blame him.

I actually believe that Berman & Braga had no idea who "Future Guy" from the pilot episode really was either. He was created to be just a mysterious villain and the character was never taken any farther than that...
I agree. Coto could have done something to clean up the TCW mess, but I can understand him not wanting to. Who knows, he may have had a plan for it in later seasons, but first wanted to get the train back on the track.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny1 View Post
'Temporal Continuity for Dummies':

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a nail!

P.S.... "Time is a river...an enormous, powerful river." This presupposes that 'time' already has a set flow - that the 'banks of the river' are predetermined ahead of time. On the other hand, perhaps it's 'just one darned thing after another'... and each event (or cusp) redefines the possible events that can occur past that point.
Does this book really exist? LOL

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.