The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Ghost stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
What kind of experiences have you had?
I can sense people, mostly dead family members around me every so often, like maybe they are checking up on me. I can smell odors associated with them, my wife can smell them too.

Just feeling their presence.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Admiral

I really haven't had that many experiences. Mostly everything I've ever experienced was when I helped these investigators occassionally or my friend who's into it, but most of it I attributed to the creeps. If you're in a graveyard in the middle of the night or an old house, your imagination's bound to go crazy, but I've heard some stuff on audio and seen a few photos with some very strange things on them.

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 05-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
I really haven't had that many experiences. Mostly everything I've ever experienced was when I helped these investigators occassionally or my friend who's into it, but most of it I attributed to the creeps. If you're in a graveyard in the middle of the night or an old house, your imagination's bound to go crazy, but I've heard some stuff on audio and seen a few photos with some very strange things on them.
Well all of mine have been in very normal settings, but mostly at night for some reason.

{Livingston, tried to PM you, but it says your box is full.}
Old 05-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Fleet Admiral

As I understand it, Z, for most people who have some kind of paranormal experience, it's usually related to a family member or loved one. Which in one respect would make the most sense, since such connections would have been the strongest beforehand. So your experiences would be quite common.

Julius Caesar has little reason to come visit me in my house.

Livingston, you talk about the 'creeps' factor which is a good point. Going into my ghost expedition experience, I tried very hard to let the history of the theater/land not influence my perception of events. I wasn't looking for ghosts of little school children or their teacher because a schoolhouse once stood there, etc. The theater itself had no built-in creep factor, unlike a cemetery or old house, so fortunately that helped our imaginations not get ahead of us.

On the other hand, several people reported seeing shapes or shadows in the projection booth as we sat in the dark theater, but I didn't put much stock in this since human eyes are notoriously bad at seeing clearly in darkness, and the brain is always trying to make sense or patterns from sketchy sensory input.

But a measurable cold spot and moving chairs were things I simply couldn't explain rationally. I don't know what caused this phenomena, but I do remember it was actually exciting at the time... it never scared me a bit. The discovery was quite a rush, actually. When the row of chairs 'crashed' on the floor, several of us darted over to investigate right away, hoping to find 'something' and not fearing it.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Federation Councillor

[quote=MissionTrek08;48104]As I understand it, Z, for most people who have some kind of paranormal experience, it's usually related to a family member or loved one. Which in one respect would make the most sense, since such connections would have been the strongest beforehand. So your experiences would be quite common.

Julius Caesar has little reason to come visit me in my house. [quote]

Makes sense to me!

If Julius Caesar is coming around, he'd better have an Orange Julius wuth him!!!LOL!