The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > What other movies interest ya?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Ensign

Default What other movies interest ya?

I was just curious what other movies you wanted to see. You might even point out ones I hadn't heard of/paid attention to, which may pique my interest.

Two that I am interested in look kinda fun (some description to follow)...

First off, there's Jumper, coming out in the next two weeks. If you hadn't checked out the Jumper site before, then it won't be a big deal, but it looks like they redesigned/rearranged the flash content (I've got a local cache of the old site). Two Star Wars actors ya might recognize and Rachel Bilson are in this flick.

Now, there are four cities to jump to - Rome, Egypt, Tokyo, and New York, and in each scene are little tidbits to find, like videos, notes, pictures, wallpapers - I think mostly the same stuff as what was there with the previous design - just in a new way to look for 'em.

Something kinda interesting when you "jump" to Egypt, there are 6 clocks on the wall showing the time around the world, and, for instance, clicking on the right-most one sends ya to a site with the exact time on a "speaking clock" for NYC. Other times shown include St. Petersburg and Sydney...

Also, in the Tokyo scene, you'll find that there's a place to enter a code.

It's a copy and paste job that you find in the Rome scene. Or, if ya don't wanna go look for it, it's AGD789586DS.

Entering that code will get ya to the Paladin network, and more info about the characters (Jumpers, Paladin), how to track Jumpers, and a description of a Jumpscar...

Also, there's an ad for Meridian Audio speakers, an 11-page Jumpscar Comic Book (in flash, found in the New York setting), from the point of view of "Jessica", who is a Paladin, and a preview of the Jumper Movie Game (telling Griffin's story, found in the Egypt room).

Just thought I'd mention what I found so far...

There's also a fun HP ad/trailer, too.

And...

"There are HEROES

There are SUPERHEROES

And then there's...

HANCOCK"

So, have ya heard anything about Hancock? Besides Smith, it's got Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman, too. Not much up at the official site yet, but it looks kinda good/funny from the trailer (other sizes for it are here). Anyway, I thought it was cool how they showed, in a sorta hyper-real sense, the effects of Hancock's super powers!

Just fyi- part of the trailer doesn't have exactly the most appropriate kinda content in it (in the scene with the kid), though.

Aside: along with "I Am Legend", Smith seems to be sticking close to the formula he figured out about the elements of the top ten movies*, imo, which doesn't seem to be a bad idea...

Also, if you were interested in some tidbits about Hancock (BTS about him and Theron), along with learning a little more about what makes Smith tick, you can check out this interview, in Men's Vogue (didn't know there was such a mag until I saw that December issue at the checkout, and there is an expletive or two in the article).

Anyway, Hancock looks like a kinda new take on the superhero genre, and something I'd like to see, too.

So, what movies interest you?

*I had read what Will Smith had to say in an interview with Reader's Digest when it came out, but I was reminded of something he said on this page when the trailers for Transformers came out:
Quote:
I am kind of a student of the patterns of the universe. When my partner, James Lassiter, and I came to Hollywood, I said, "I want to be the biggest movie star in the world." We observed that of the top ten movies of all time, ten were special effects or animation. Nine were special effects or animation with creatures. Eight were special effects or animation with creatures and a love story. So we made Independence Day. When you see the patterns, you just try to put yourself in the position to get lucky.
(Tangent: I had heard that Will thought Shia LeBoeuf was at least a pretty cool actor, and that's part of why he was in "I, Robot". Now, after seeing that Shia is in Transformers, ya gotta think that Will was maybe even mentoring Shia a little!)
Old 02-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Lieutenant

I've already seen it and it's kinda old but a movie I really enjoyed was the butterfly effect...

What movies interest me? Um... thats a hard question. I like a wide range of movie and it's normally not just centered around 1 subject (scifi, action, etc). I want to see Meet the Spartans though, that looks really funny.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Lieutenant

Well in Nov the new 007 movie comes out... Quantum of Solace. Can't think of anything else right at the moment

Old 02-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Lieutenant

Iron Man, Hell Boy 2, and The Dark Knight look very promising...
Old 02-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Fleet Admiral

Still waiting for BTTF 4

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 02-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_of_the_Enterprise View Post
Well in Nov the new 007 movie comes out... Quantum of Solace. Can't think of anything else right at the moment
I too am excited for the new 007 flick as well as the Dark Knight and the new X-Files.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
I too am excited for the new 007 flick as well as the Dark Knight and the new X-Files.
Ooh, I forgot about the new 007 movie... Can't wait for that
Old 02-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Lieutenant

Well shoot, I forgot about the new X-Files movie. That will be interesting. As well as The Dark Knight.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
I forgot about the Dark Knight. And there's gonna be a new Bond and X-Files, too? Sweet!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Midshipman

Newie: Dark Knight for sure, though it'll be hard the first time Heath Ledger comes on screen.

Oldie: Gatica, just to demonstrate what a good script, a (at the time) hot chick, and minimal sfx can accomplish.

Obscurie: Brotherhood of the Wolf. It's French, but still a bad-*** horror flick, with one of the coolest weapons on film. I found it in Hollywood Movies, so it may not be all that hard to nab.