The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Deep Space Nine > First Contact
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2008, 07:02 AM
Lieutenant

I think it would have worked if you showed the DS9 regulars on the bridge of the Defiant, but more ships than just the Enterprise beamed survivors off and Worf, maybe O'Brien were the only TNG regulars beamed to the Enterprise. /shrug, but then you have to pay the actors for being in a 30second shot... curse you, reality!!
Old 03-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Federation Councillor

Yep Hokiein...reality does indeed bite sometimes
Old 03-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Commander

I'd be interested to know exactly which ep. of DS9 concurrent with the events of First Contact? Anyone know?

Because if Sisko was busy doing something else, that might explain why he was not on the Defiant.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Midshipman

according to "memory alpha", it happend roughly concurrent with the end of the 5th season.

http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/2373
Old 03-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukalakana View Post
I'd be interested to know exactly which ep. of DS9 concurrent with the events of First Contact? Anyone know?

Because if Sisko was busy doing something else, that might explain why he was not on the Defiant.
Sisko is the Commander of DS9. He's expected to be on the station.
During the Fourth and Fifth season Worf and Jadzia were given Captaincy of the Defiant so it makes sense to me why Sisko wasn't on the ship but not why no one else was there we should have seen others...like Obrian...

Old 03-24-2008, 04:09 AM
Federation Councillor

Saquist-

Your going to tell me that Sisko would have stayed behind during a Fedration-wide invasion by the Borg, and just sent Worf and a minimal Defiant crew? I don't think so.

I doubt also Sisko distrusted Kira that much, not to leave her in charge if he had gone. it was just bad writing and an attempt to save the $$$ involved in having Brooks appear in the film as Sisko.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:15 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazurkr View Post
according to "memory alpha", it happend roughly concurrent with the end of the 5th season.

http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/2373
Ah. Thankyou.

So it's roughly after "the Begotten" or perhaps around the same time, (Which would make it just before Worf and Garak get captured by the Dominion.

...Although just thinking, it must have been just after "The Begotten" because Worf was in that episode. (even though he said earlier that he would be away visiting his parents -- that big fibber! hehe)
Old 03-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Saquist-

Your going to tell me that Sisko would have stayed behind during a Fedration-wide invasion by the Borg, and just sent Worf and a minimal Defiant crew? I don't think so.
Perhaps, but with the tensions starting to heat up between the Federation and the Dominion, you could understand why Starfleet would want him at the station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I doubt also Sisko distrusted Kira that much, not to leave her in charge if he had gone. it was just bad writing and an attempt to save the $$$ involved in having Brooks appear in the film as Sisko.
True enough. He did leave her in charge when he went back to Earth at the end of the sixth season, not to mention at the end of WYLB, and presumably at multiple other occasions.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Enterprise View Post
Sisko in FC might have worked. Then again it could have been a little too distracting, it was a TNG film after all. But it would have been interesting to see the dynamic between the two captains explored a little bit more. Remember Sisko blamed Picard for the death of his wife.

It would have worked to have O'Brien in FC though as he was a TNG character. They had other recurring TNG characters appear in the film - Barclay and Ogawa - so have O'Brien on the Defiant with Worf would have worked I'm sure. He could have teamed up with Geordi on the surface or help fight the Borg on the Enterprise. I can imagine him in the sequence when Picard, Worf and Data led a team to attack the Borg in engineering. It would have been great!
I think that would have been a great idea! O'Brian is a TNG-DS9 character just like Worf, so that would have been perfect.