The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Games/Toys > Games/Toys > What would people want from a new Star Trek game?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Ensign

Maybe we will get STO one of these days. Worst that can happen is that SOE take it over at launch. Second worst is that it is shelved.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr Tovo View Post
Maybe we will get STO one of these days. Worst that can happen is that SOE take it over at launch. Second worst is that it is shelved.
Star Tek Online is still due for release but when is unknown, the official site is now empty and contains nothing but the STO Delta logo and the words "Coming Soon".
Old 03-29-2008, 10:40 PM

I know what i would want! A stand alone, non online role player set in the time Period between TOS and STNG in which you are a freshly graduated ensign from Starfleet Academy and you get your choice of four different Starships to be assigned to. Either a Constitution refit, an Excelsior class, an Oberth class or last, but not least, a Constellation class starship. Whichever ship you decide to report to, when you reach your chosen ship, your Captain gives you the choice of which department, Science, Engineering or Command you wish to enter. When you've made your choice you report to your Department Head and are given a series of assignments consisting of problems to solve, shipboard adventure scenarios and landing party duties. Successful completion of these duties will earn you rewards and promotions. You can work your way to a command grade officer at which time you may have the option to qualify for department head of your own department, and then First Officer. When you complete the assignments for command, you can again chose which type of vessel you wish to command and then command your own vessel through a series of final missions after which you are promoted to Admiral and are given a summary of your Starfleet career. In the end, you may find yourself in the history books of Starfleet command as either a dissapointment to Starfleet, a barely adequate Commander, an asset to Starfleet, an Able Commander, a Heroic Captain, or a Starfleet Legend.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I'd like to play a TOS-era RPG platformer. The only games I can think of right now that would compare to what I'd want are the games based on movies --for example, the Harry Potter video games--, but I really, really wouldn't want this hypothetical game to suck as much as some of the movie-games do. Again, I point to HP as an example. (The games just weren't that fun. The characters could barely do anything, you were stuck on a fixed little path, and the gameplay was plain boring.)

So what I'd like is to be able to play as the characters from the show, --and if there were challenges and levels specific to each character, so much the better-- explore the ship (which could be, I don't know, like a base-area where there would still be levels to go through but it would mainly be this big area to run around in,) and play RPG type levels on different planets and Starbases and such. Something like Super Mario 64, I suppose, but less cartoony and more like a real, functioning world. I'd want it to HUGE, too, so it would take ages to finish, and to have lots of clever dialogue and alternating amusing and dramatic storytelling. That'd be my ultimate Trek game.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Midshipman

defnatly star trek online whit the possebility of making our onw ships
Old 04-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Midshipman

How about resurrecting "The Secret of Vulcan Fury"?

Also, something that doesn't require me to buy a new machine, install vista, and has lots of single player missions that are story driven and will allow me to save mid - mission. I hate to have to start again or leave a game paused when I get called away from my spare time.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:16 PM

I also wish they'd make an updated version of "STNG: Birth Of The Federation".
Old 04-14-2008, 04:03 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berengarius7 View Post
I also wish they'd make an updated version of "STNG: Birth Of The Federation".
This.

I reinstalled this weekend and played for a bit, had to have my Star Trek Fix