The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Star Trek Captains' Logs: Declassified
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2014, 03:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
Well, here is my latest Trek video featuring my redone Enterprise refit, and Klingon K't'inga battlecruiser. This was a trying video to make. Much swearing in impossible strings was uttered and/or shouted.
I know, I know.....why did I use Michael Giaccino's Star Trek theme in a TOS movie era based tribute film? Because I could, that's why! I just used whatever music seemed appropriate, regardless of era, or universe.
Anyhoo, now that this project is completed, I'll be setting about retexturing my refit Enterprise yet again, to try and correct some glow effect problems.
I hope you enjoy the video. If you visit my YouTube channel, please rate and comment.

http://youtu.be/h0CvXTyDY2E
Nice work Martok!

Two things I noticed LOL. 1) The Starfleet Officer looking at the incoming Photon Torpedo looks like John Travolta and 2) You can't run from a Photon Torpedo!

Keep up the good work!

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:46 AM
Fleet Admiral

Thank you, Omegaman. Most kind.

I can kinda see where you might get John Travolta from the male StarFleet officer. Alas, it is just a face created for an iClone default avatar named Chuck. The female is the default for an iClone avatar named Gwynn.

LOL! Yep, you cannot run from a photon torpedo. Unfortunately, our human tendency for flight in the face of overwhelming danger doesn't quite know that.

If you would like to know what the subject of the conversation the two officers were having before they were suddenly, rudely, and terminally interrupted.... the male officer is missing his StarFleet insignia badge, and is trying to explain to his superior that he does not know how he misplaced it. (Little does he realize that a fellow officer had pranked him by "misplacing" the badge for him. )

Old 01-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Lieutenant Commander

There are lots of small (and cheap) busts of Beethoven, Shakespeare, Mona Lisa, and Einstein in stores and on eBay that could be used to aid in recruiting them into Starfleet for your animated faces. The hard part, i suppose, is to find one copied from the best and most recognizable original--not that I strive to make extra work for you. And without their original hairstyles they might not be so immediately recognizable. To get a little crazy, how about Beethoven as a Klingon? Abraham Lincoln or someone else that appears on money might work, too.

Last edited by LCARS 24 : 01-24-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:35 AM
Fleet Admiral

Did you know that part of the reason the producers in Star Trek VI had Chancellor Gorkon appear the way he did was because they wanted a sort of Abraham Lincoln appearance to him? Something noble and truthful.

I remember you mentioning this on my YouTube channel before, but I can pretty much say that iClone (thankfully) does not necessarily render out spot-on imagery of faces I choose to use. And besides, the internet is full of models (both female and male) with headshots that are perfect for making young StarFleet officers out of.

As for Klingons...I might try online mugshots.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:14 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Actually, they could just be extras in the background that don't even move (no iClone issues involved!) added by taking an image of the best painting of Beethoven, using a sharpening filter on it, and pasting it into your background image, all very subtle. In another scene maybe Einstein as the groundskeeper is barely noticeable doing something with the flowers.

Gorkon--yeah the distinguished beard. It was more than a gagh tickler.

Last edited by LCARS 24 : 01-24-2014 at 03:33 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:17 AM
Fleet Admiral

And remember....you can't have laugh without gagh.....well...ok, you might need one more "g".

Probably more correct to say: "You can't have gagh without 'gag'!"

Old 02-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Lieutenant Commander

The American Red Cross used to recommend the Heimlich maneuver for anyone who said gagh three times consecutively.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Fleet Admiral

lol