The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Star Trek Into Darkness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
But yeah, I still have the audacity to talk about it.

Quote:
You have not seen each and every VOY episode
I have to correct you there but that's inaccurate. I certainly haven't seen them all in some years, (I rewatched Seasons 1 and 2 and half of 3 earlier this year on rental I just remembered) but they were all viewed at least once when I had the whole series on VHS.

God................VHS...............

Quote:
ENT episodes
Does doing my best to completely erase 'These Are The Voyages' from my memory count?

There's one or two Season 4 ones I'll cop to possibly not having seen out of dozens produced, but a recent rebroadcast (although spotty schedule wise) of Season 4 by a UK channel plugged some of the gaps, even if doing so didn't actually change my thoughts on the show all that much. I had thought Season 4 was supposed to have 'righted' the ship but it didn't really feel that way even discounting the final episode. But having seen all of Seasons 1-3 and the bulk now of S4 I would imagine there's not going to be anything in the couple of episodes left to catch that will radically change anything.

So maybe it is six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Quote:
to know that you don't like the respective series and that whatever STRUCTURAL criticism you have applied to the episodes you know can also be validly applied to the ones you don't know (unless there is a structural break).
Structural issues with a series as a whole don't prevent the liking of individual episodes and moments within the series however. Even TNG has issues but there I'll put my hands up and say I'm looking at it at times through extremely rose tinted glasses. Glasses I don't possess for VOY or ENT certainly.

Quote:
So no idea why you claim that my opinion is irrelevant.
Given the criticism involved it's seemingly a fairer playing field if everyone is actually working from the position of having seen it. Otherwise, does that really seem like the basis of an even discussion of it?

courtesy of Saquist

Last edited by kevin : 06-02-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Yep, I forgot I had watched two and a half seasons of VOY. I think it's understandable though.