The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Crime Shows
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Rear Admiral

Default Crime Shows

Are there any of you that are hooked on crime shows? I'm not talking about dramas but those real forensic shows such as Snapped, Forensic Files, etc. I love them! Especially Snapped! They can be quite addicting and it's funny how people think they can get away with a crime and these shows depict how you can't get away with ANYTHING!

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 01-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Fleet Admiral

If that is the main idea of such a show it is plain dumb. There are ample of categories of crimes that are rarely punished, e.g. white-collar crimes, sexual crimes and war crimes.
I love crime shows that are not as technical and aren't really about the crime but more other stuff. Let's take a classic show like Columbo. It isn't a whodunit, its hero is a badly dressed weird guy who eats eggs on crime scenes and the main part of the show is how this weirdo plays with the murderer whom he somehow instinctively recognizes.
And of course by the far the best crime show is The Wire. Not at least because it is far more holistic than ordinary crime shows and because its main theme of dysfunctioning institutions is more honest and relevant than "let's get the murderer!".
Old 01-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Rear Admiral

Well, I was trying to refer to those shows like Forensic Files, Snapped, 48 Hours, etc. But yeah I wasn't sure how to list them under. But anyway, since you mention Columbo, what an awesome show! What I loved about Columbo is that you, the audience, knows who the killer is and it's up to Columbo to figure out who the murderer is. That's why that show is so awesome and original. I remember the one with Leonard Nimoy as the murderer. He played a doctor and it was so funny yo see his character get annoyed whenever Columbo would show up.

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 01-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Fleet Admiral

I haven't watched it in awhile, but I really liked The First 48.

It amazes me how many of these killers would get away with it if they just didn't talk.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
If that is the main idea of such a show it is plain dumb. There are ample of categories of crimes that are rarely punished, e.g. white-collar crimes, sexual crimes and war crimes.
I love crime shows that are not as technical and aren't really about the crime but more other stuff. Let's take a classic show like Columbo. It isn't a whodunit, its hero is a badly dressed weird guy who eats eggs on crime scenes and the main part of the show is how this weirdo plays with the murderer whom he somehow instinctively recognizes.
And of course by the far the best crime show is The Wire. Not at least because it is far more holistic than ordinary crime shows and because its main theme of dysfunctioning institutions is more honest and relevant than "let's get the murderer!".
He's not talking about fictional shows, he's talking about True Crime shows.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Fleet Admiral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0pV2faxne4 XD

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-