The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Disney acquires Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion, plans more Star Wars movies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Captain

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
Episode IV: A New Hope was always in the opening crawl, but it wasn't considered a part of the original title of the movie when it first came out. It was just titled Star Wars.

I never got used to calling it A New Hope, it just sounds wrong to me. The original film is just Star Wars to me.
Sorry Cap, as sam mentioned, the "Episode IV: A New Hope" wasn't added until later. In fact, I think it was the re-release just prior to TESB's release. I remember there even being news articles asking "What's this 'Episode IV' thing in Star Wars?" They mainly did it to prime audiences for the fact TESB's crawl began with "Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back."

Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Commander

One 1980 review for Empire opened with "NOW they tell us," in reference to what was Lucas' nine-movie plan for SW. The critic mentioned the 'Episode V' in the new movie, then went on to mention knowledge of the fact that 'future' prints of SW would include the title 'Episode IV - A New Hope.'

If I recall the review was fairly cynical, pointing out that Alec Guiness had died in the first film but continued fading in and out like "bad TV reception." And I think he closed with calculating how much a ninth film would cost based on the doubling of Empire's budget over SW's.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Captain

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwiseb View Post
One 1980 review for Empire opened with "NOW they tell us," in reference to what was Lucas' nine-movie plan for SW. The critic mentioned the 'Episode V' in the new movie, then went on to mention knowledge of the fact that 'future' prints of SW would include the title 'Episode IV - A New Hope.'

If I recall the review was fairly cynical, pointing out that Alec Guiness had died in the first film but continued fading in and out like "bad TV reception." And I think he closed with calculating how much a ninth film would cost based on the doubling of Empire's budget over SW's.
So will we be seeing Ewan MacGregor appear as the spirit of Obi-Wan in the third trilogy, guiding Luke in his job as the Master of the New Jedi Order?

Old 11-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Fleet Admiral

I stand corrected! I hope all is well SB63, did you come out of Sandy OK up there?

Old 11-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase63 View Post
So will we be seeing Ewan MacGregor appear as the spirit of Obi-Wan in the third trilogy, guiding Luke in his job as the Master of the New Jedi Order?

I could also be mentally combining several reviews into one. There was a hardbound series of archived film reviews in my college library back in the day, starting with 1980 as the first volume. So for example if you wanted to know what the Christian Science Monitor thought of Empire...

Old 11-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Captain

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
I stand corrected! I hope all is well SB63, did you come out of Sandy OK up there?
Yes, thanks, the shoreline got pounded but I'm five miles inland. Lot of wind, not much rain, thankfully we didn't lose power. Some friends right up the road from me did.

Lot of STL members were affected by the storm, but I think everyone's okay, just about everyone accounted for either via STL or FB.

BTW, STL has a Facebook page now, if anyone hasn't sen it yet...https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekLogs
Old 11-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Fleet Admiral

Glad to hear you're alright, Starbase.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Commander

Alright is GOOD.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Captain

Cool

Thanks guys. There's still people without power in my town alone as well as adjoining areas. The drummer in the band I'm in, he's in the next town over, 14 houses on his street are still out, apparently it's just one of those pole breakers that needs to be reset, and he has a special needs daughter, but they still haven't come to reset it yet because the rest of their section shows as on and they aren't considered a higher priority than any other area. A buddy of mine from high school who lives about a mile from me is still out as well, as is much of the section he lives in.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Fleet Admiral

Wow...so it's a case of bad luck that your drummer is still without power just because the rest of his section shows as powered up, but he doesn't have any power, and is not considered a priority. Damn, dude! I'd love to jackslap the power company up there and say: "Hey! Pay closer attention to the RESIDENTS in your grid, and not just the grid itself!" He has a special needs daughter. What if she was on some kind of life-support dependent on power? The thought frightens me.