The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Comments & Suggestions > Possible explanation of what happened here
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureguy View Post
Abandoned? This place is hopping compared to what it was just before the ST.com board seems to have fubar'd the site since its "renewal". Glad I didn't really go away.

OK everyone, that's as potty-mouth as I want to get.
Speaking of Potty-mouthed"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TxVJAkwbqA

I love this one!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH The KING View Post
It goes OK

All my awesome TNG episode reviews are gone from the old StarTrek.COM.

It's a tragedy
Always make back ups...

Old 09-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Always make back ups...
Must be those "Dirty Klingon BEstords" Where's Kirk when you need him?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Always make back ups...
Nah, they didn't mean that much to me.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Captain

Cool

So has anyone heard anything, even rumor, about what might happen here as the next movie gets closer?

This site and boards opened well in advance of ST2009. We're less than a year until the release of ST2013, and there's no changes to stm.com, any kind of sign this site will continue and be overhauled or anything.

I hope Paramount isn't expecting CBS to carry the load with startrek.com, the place is a mess.

Hopefully there will be some kind of advance word just in case they decide to replace stm.com with something new...

Old 10-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase63 View Post
So has anyone heard anything, even rumor, about what might happen here as the next movie gets closer?

This site and boards opened well in advance of ST2009. We're less than a year until the release of ST2013, and there's no changes to stm.com, any kind of sign this site will continue and be overhauled or anything.

I hope Paramount isn't expecting CBS to carry the load with startrek.com, the place is a mess.

Hopefully there will be some kind of advance word just in case they decide to replace stm.com with something new...

They will do something when they are ready not before. By the way, why is the place a mess?

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Captain

Cool

Geez, was just wondering if there'd been any whispers coming through, omegaman...

Compare what st.com looks like these days to startrekmovie.com, which hasn't been updated in years but still looks like a better product that st.com. And if CBS was interested in promoting the new movie, you'd never know it amid ads for the things they'd love to sell you, news most have already seen elsewhere and silly polls.

The message boards are getting slower and slower all the time. The resident trolls are even starting to have a hard time deciding who they want to target next.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase63 View Post
Geez, was just wondering if there'd been any whispers coming through, omegaman...

Compare what st.com looks like these days to startrekmovie.com, which hasn't been updated in years but still looks like a better product that st.com. And if CBS was interested in promoting the new movie, you'd never know it amid ads for the things they'd love to sell you, news most have already seen elsewhere and silly polls.

The message boards are getting slower and slower all the time. The resident trolls are even starting to have a hard time deciding who they want to target next.
Starbase… if my previous reply to your earlier post may have seemed a tad harsh I apologize.

No whispers as far as what's happening with this board at all. They seem to be leaving us alone when they could have shut us down ages ago, so either they've forgotten about us, or are leaving us alone until they are ready to refresh this board. I'm hoping they will create a new board or make this a permanent forum for all things Trek. The people currently making use of this board are well behaved, not like on some of the other boards.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Captain

Cool

All's good, all's good.

It's not unusual for boards to be just walked away from...they've done it to the boards at startrek.com twice. First time after CBS fired the guys that used to be Paramount Digital Entertainment...CBS apparently left the boards adrift until they had a team from CBS Sports cover it for a while (they were almost as nice as the original PDE guys), but then they were pulled off it...

At one point, CBS Consumer Products head Liz Kalodner was said to have remarked she didn't even know st.com was still open, much less that the boards were still in use.

It was after that a team from CBS Interactive came in, did their impresssion of the Nazis taking over Europe, and oversaw the closing of the old site/boards and the opening of the current site, which hasn't worked 100% since the day it opened over two years ago. And it's never their problem...the geniuses are always quick to say "it works fine for us, it must be your browser."

I bet Paramount pulled the admin team from here for other projects, and just has someone do some kind of random routine maintenance.

If they should decide to go strictly Facebook for anything new, and shut this down, you guys are always welcome at my place.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
I really think it's as simple as, this board was a promotional tool for the new film that has already served it's purpose.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
Part of the mass exodus can also be attributed to the Appreciation Thread insanity that happened last fall. That was kind of where the end began...
Yeah I'm looking at ROMULAN BOOTS fetish guy