The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Star Trek on MySpace & Facebook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase63 View Post
So looking back on this old thread, can we presume that Paramount runs the ST Facebook page?

They've been making comments about the coming revised startrek.com...

Will the Facebook page still be running when the new st.com goes online supposedly next week, or will Paramount transfer the page over to CBS Consumer Products, who will be running the new site?

There's STILL been no open announcement at startrek.com about the impending changes...
They've definitely ramped up their activity on Facebook, so hopefully that's a sign that the new site will be online soon. I am referring to the CBS fan page and not the movie page, since I'm unsure which you might be looking at.

Last edited by jla1987 : 07-13-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Captain

Cool

It's just that those of us who are regulars at st.com are concerned...there's been more talk about the new st.com on the Facebook page than there has at st.com itself...

I'm talking about the page that uses the TOS logo, that's been asking for contributions of photos and such for the new st.com. Apparently they are one and the same because the page you linked, jla, is the same one linked at the beginning of this thread.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
It's just that those of us who are regulars at st.com are concerned...there's been more talk about the new st.com on the Facebook page than there has at st.com itself...

I'm talking about the page that uses the TOS logo, that's been asking for contributions of photos and such for the new st.com. Apparently they are one and the same because the page you linked, jla, is the same one linked at the beginning of this thread.
As many sites do, I suspect ST.com's staff will use Facebook to promote features and updates to the new site. It would be stupid for them to quit using Facebook or Twitter to promote the franchise's official site. It's kinda silly that they don't post updates on the ST.com, but I guess they think more people will be reached via FB and Twitter.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:29 AM
Captain

Cool

I agree, traffic at st.com has been down so much in the last two months, maybe they figure more people will see it.

They really haven't done much to keep the st.com regulars informed though...in fact, outside of Liz Kalodner's announcement from a few months ago and rumor, we've heard nothing direct at st.com from CBS!

Old 07-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
I agree, traffic at st.com has been down so much in the last two months, maybe they figure more people will see it.

They really haven't done much to keep the st.com regulars informed though...in fact, outside of Liz Kalodner's announcement from a few months ago and rumor, we've heard nothing direct at st.com from CBS!

That's unfortunate, but unsurprising. TBH, it sounds like they have a bunch of sh!theads running it.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Captain

Cool

The new site is online, but obviously wasn't ready to be put in service yet...the password recovery system that's supposed to be used by existing members to get their account activated for the new site doesn't work...none of the established members can get in under their regular IDs.

I'm waiting for some wiseass to say it will all be fixed Tuesday.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Commander

Quote:
The new site is online, but obviously wasn't ready to be put in service yet...the password recovery system that's supposed to be used by existing members to get their account activated for the new site doesn't work...none of the established members can get in under their regular IDs.

I'm waiting for some wiseass to say it will all be fixed Tuesday.
Just like the BP leak?
Old 10-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Captain

Cool

So there are two "official" Star Trek pages on FB, the one run by CBS associated with startrek.com...

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrek?fref=ts

and there's the one run by Paramount that would be/should be associated with this site, or the one that will be created for ST2013...

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekMovie

CBS has also started individual pages for each Star Trek series and the first 10 movies, which could be a sign that the message boards at st.com may be on the way out...