The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Prime Trek
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you think Prime Trek will be depicted again?
No 7 70.00%
Yes 0 0%
Maybe 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roysten View Post
I think the franchise has been in decline since Insurrection came out and DS9 ended, the market was saturated with Star Trek and people were bored of it. Ent comes along, is a good show but just isn't enough to bring it's popularity back. The new film has been popular in its own right, but I don't think it's brought renewed popularity to the rest of the franchise, sadly I've not seen too many people who enjoyed the new film go and check out the original series as a result.
Sales of Star Trek DVDs across the board--especially TOS--went up as a result of the new movie.
Quote:
I really can't see the prime universe coming back to TV or cinema, reason being it would confuse new fans at this point, it just isn't feasible to have effectively two version of a show running like that. The one way that I am slightly optimistic (though it would have to be a new show as I doubt any of the old actors would come back for it), would be an online show or straight to DVD mini series.
Going online or to direct-to-DVD would really be a sign the franchise was in its twilight years. DTD productions are very cheaply done--more CGI sets than real ones--and are good for maybe a couple of movies before the plug is finally pulled once and for all (as was the case with Babylon 5 and Stargate SG-1).