The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Star Trek XI is Dissed by Cable, Goes to FX!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Federation Councillor

That's why I have a sizeable home collection of films and TV shows on dvd/blu-ray. I don't get the commercials and I don't get amateur hour editing either in terms of cutting to ads, or in editing for TV. In fact I watch series so much that way now that I can barely recall having to spend 6 months watching a whole individual season of TV.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 02-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Fleet Admiral

They've been showing it a lot this week. I watched the opening sequence a couple times, but if I feel like watching the whole thing I'll watch my DVD. In fact, I did just that only a couple weeks ago.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Federation Councillor

Yeah, I'm due a rewatch as well.

But this week I finally am getting around to Season 3 of TOS-R on rewatch (I watched Seasons 1 and 2 about a month ago together but needed to take a break because Season 3 is a tougher slog due to the lower batting average I find it has).

Plus I'm dipping in and out of Seasons 1 and 2 of 'Cougar Town' at random.

But I also probably am due to take a run through the TOS films as well. Earlier in the year I went through TMP-TSFS one weekend but stopped there for some reason I can't remember.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 04-15-2012, 12:46 AM
Fleet Admiral

Still not a big fan of this movie...Now I've forgotten about it...and I'm on it's forum...

Old 04-15-2012, 01:18 AM
Federation Councillor

Now that you remind me...........I never did get through season 3 of TOS. I went about 7 episodes in and it all became so unbearably badly done stuff I had to stop.

I have no idea when I might ever hit it again.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 04-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Vice Admiral

I just got done with another "Zim Cut" of JJ-Trek. I re-arranged a couple of things from my last cut. I put NuSpock's birth at the beginning to show he was older than NuKirk, followed by the Kelvin scene, then the Narada being captured by the Klingons, then the NuKirk brothers scene, then the Vette scene. After that I added the "NuVulcan family problems" scene after NuSpock's fight with the other kids and then the Klingon/Nero interrogation scene at the "25 years later" mark. After that, I put the "NuKirk apologizes to Gaila" scene after the destruction of NuVulcan. From then on I think it's pretty much unaltered. Oh yeah, I cut out all that NuSpock/NuUhura kissykissy crap. I feel that it's a much better movie this way. But that's just my opinion. I still couldn't give a crap about the jj-verse, but at least I did the movie the way I like it and I can actually sit through it now
Old 04-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Commander

Pass.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwiseb View Post
Pass.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
I just got done with another "Zim Cut" of JJ-Trek. I re-arranged a couple of things from my last cut. I put NuSpock's birth at the beginning to show he was older than NuKirk, followed by the Kelvin scene, then the Narada being captured by the Klingons, then the NuKirk brothers scene, then the Vette scene. After that I added the "NuVulcan family problems" scene after NuSpock's fight with the other kids and then the Klingon/Nero interrogation scene at the "25 years later" mark. After that, I put the "NuKirk apologizes to Gaila" scene after the destruction of NuVulcan. From then on I think it's pretty much unaltered. Oh yeah, I cut out all that NuSpock/NuUhura kissykissy crap. I feel that it's a much better movie this way. But that's just my opinion. I still couldn't give a crap about the jj-verse, but at least I did the movie the way I like it and I can actually sit through it now
The way you pieced some of that together, it sounds like it follows the flow of the novel.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:50 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
That sounds like some fine cutting. I particularly like that you address the age issue. Not that I know when the characters are supposed to be born but I always imagined Spock to be older and his species to mature slower due to their longer lifespan such that he is around 25 or 30 when he enters Starfleet academy and not around 20 like a human.