The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Check out what I found online!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roysten View Post
I have the same model, and the same grievance regarding the size of the shuttle! My model also broke with the thrusters coming off sadly, I try and keep my favourite ones out of harms way.
I used to have several but they all went the way of the dinosaur over the years.

I had the USS Enterprise-A, the Reliant, the Enterprise-D, Enterprise-E and the Voyager at one point. Some broke due to accidents or eventual fragility and some I cleared out when I just didn't have the room for them anymore. I generally don't mind no longer having most of them.

But I wish I had kept my Enterprise-D.

That was the one I tried hardest to get as right as I could (but I was never a great modelmaker in terms of results though I enjoyed making them) because the D is my favourite ship of them all and it was definitely my best work. It actually looked pretty good and was the 22'' model from the early 1990s.

But it went. I do regret that decison though. Completely.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 04-14-2012, 02:36 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I used to have several but they all went the way of the dinosaur over the years.

I had the USS Enterprise-A, the Reliant, the Enterprise-D, Enterprise-E and the Voyager at one point. Some broke due to accidents or eventual fragility and some I cleared out when I just didn't have the room for them anymore. I generally don't mind no longer having most of them.

But I wish I had kept my Enterprise-D.

That was the one I tried hardest to get as right as I could (but I was never a great modelmaker in terms of results though I enjoyed making them) because the D is my favourite ship of them all and it was definitely my best work. It actually looked pretty good and was the 22'' model from the early 1990s.

But it went. I do regret that decison though. Completely.
That's a shame, never had the Ent-D but a friend of mine did and I was always very impressed by the model. Still have most of mine but a lot are in boxes where they languish and whenever I get them out they're always slightly more broken, just having the space to display them properly as they're quite large things.

As to best ship... I like them all so it's quite difficult, the refit Constitution is awesome though, and in some ways the most 'realistic' in that you look at it and could imagine it being real. Though overlong I do enjoy the huge pan round we get of it at the start of The Motion Picture.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
It's one of the better designs.
Indeed! My friend is not very fond of the warp nacelles though, but I love it. I think it was the perfect ship design for the 80s.

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable