The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Trek 2013... what?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Fleet Admiral

I don't know if it's going to be cancelled...but with it taking this long just to start I wouldn't be surprised. Remember the delays with the first. If anything I wonder if the third movie will happen since they are taking so much time. It's going to be a decade long affair and that tends to ward off both actors and directors alike.

Even George Lucas didn't want to do the new trillogy at first because, and I quote " It takes a decade out of my life." and that's a HIGHLY SOUGHT trillogy that was done on schedule...it just makes me wonder about Trek being completed. Most of the time it's a two year turn around on a sequel or like some others even sooner because they drop the last two within 6 months of each other...which I think says how much they don't like doing lengthy trilogies.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Fleet Admiral

Movies that come out in rapid succession like that are movies that are filmed and produced at the same time. An example of that would be the last two Matrix installments.

The delay in Trek is nothing more than JJ's involvement in other projects slowing down the process, it will get done.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
I don't know if it's going to be cancelled...but with it taking this long just to start I wouldn't be surprised. Remember the delays with the first. If anything I wonder if the third movie will happen since they are taking so much time. It's going to be a decade long affair and that tends to ward off both actors and directors alike.

Even George Lucas didn't want to do the new trillogy at first because, and I quote " It takes a decade out of my life." and that's a HIGHLY SOUGHT trillogy that was done on schedule...it just makes me wonder about Trek being completed. Most of the time it's a two year turn around on a sequel or like some others even sooner because they drop the last two within 6 months of each other...which I think says how much they don't like doing lengthy trilogies.
When I first heard it was going to be delayed I wasn't pleased at all. Its too long between drinks so to speak. They had plenty of time to say this was a hit and get the ball rolling on the next, but alas they dropped the ball and now we have to wait. I think that's a mistake. Wether it will adversely affect the next movie in some way is yet to be seen.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 11-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Fleet Admiral

It's not like people will forget that they enjoyed the first one. And when the sequel is closer to coming out the promotion machine will go into full swing. There is nothing to fear as far as Trek losing out on viewers because one extra year goes by IMO.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman
When I first heard it was going to be delayed I wasn't pleased at all. Its too long between drinks so to speak. They had plenty of time to say this was a hit and get the ball rolling on the next, but alas they dropped the ball and now we have to wait. I think that's a mistake. Wether it will adversely affect the next movie in some way is yet to be seen.
My pessimistic side (which almost always wins out) thinks you're on to something.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post

I don't think it will but the second movie has to be a hit...Not just in the Box Office but story wise because the third movie tends to fall flat without a big support from the second....People get bored easily it seems.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Fleet Admiral

My big question is: Were the other projects these guys working on worth it?

Super 8 wasn't a smash hit, nor was Cowboys & Aliens...
Old 11-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
It's not like people will forget that they enjoyed the first one. And when the sequel is closer to coming out the promotion machine will go into full swing. There is nothing to fear as far as Trek losing out on viewers because one extra year goes by IMO.
I'm not so sure… its all about keeping the anticipation and the momentum going…

Old 11-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Fleet Admiral

The first one created buzz out of thin air

Old 11-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
My big question is: Were the other projects these guys working on worth it?

Super 8 wasn't a smash hit, nor was Cowboys & Aliens...
Ah… there in lies the rub… JJ had to do his version of a Kids movie… like ET and get that out of his system… I hope.