The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Who watches Boston Legal?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Ensign

Default Who watches Boston Legal?

I personally loved the Practice, and now LOVE BL.

Shatner rocks. And Spader couldn't get any better either. The two of them just are freakin awesome.

I'm wondering how many of you watch the show?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Captain

I cannot believe that Shatner has done it again, created another great character. I think it shows that the guy is a star.
I agree teamed with Spader works very well.
I love the show mostly. The only thing i am not always comfortable with is the humorous way they portray sexual pressure in the workplace. I find that subject to be serious and it's not cool to make light of it.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpock2002 View Post
I personally loved the Practice, and now LOVE BL.

Shatner rocks. And Spader couldn't get any better either. The two of them just are freakin awesome.

I'm wondering how many of you watch the show?

Great show! I was happily suprised it was not "Kirk with a breifcase."

Loved the Practice too...but really watched it for Camryn Menheim...yumm..

MR. Kelley has an Americanized version of the BBC show "Life On Mars" coming this fall, with Colm Meany (O'Brien) as one of it's stars.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:25 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I used to watch it. That was before Virgin1 started screwing it around. It is a great show and I'll watch it again if Virgin1 ever lets me.

The American Life on Mars. I was gonna watch that if it ever made it to the UK just for Colm Meany (gotta support them Niners). But I won't now after I read an interview with Philip Glenister (the original Gene Hunt). He said the US producers asked him to play the American Gene Hunt, but he said he couldn't cos he had just signed to play Hunt in Ashes to Ashes and didn't want to mess around the BBC.

His agent got a rude email back in response - "are you telling me Mr. Philip Glenister dosen't want to appear on American television?" I mean, WTF is so special about American TV? That's put me right off...
Old 03-26-2008, 07:03 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS9TREK View Post
I used to watch it. That was before Virgin1 started screwing it around. It is a great show and I'll watch it again if Virgin1 ever lets me.

The American Life on Mars. I was gonna watch that if it ever made it to the UK just for Colm Meany (gotta support them Niners). But I won't now after I read an interview with Philip Glenister (the original Gene Hunt). He said the US producers asked him to play the American Gene Hunt, but he said he couldn't cos he had just signed to play Hunt in Ashes to Ashes and didn't want to mess around the BBC.

His agent got a rude email back in response - "are you telling me Mr. Philip Glenister dosen't want to appear on American television?" I mean, WTF is so special about American TV? That's put me right off...
I have my resrvations about another set of Actors playing Gene and Sam. They asked John Sim to replay Sam, but he turned them down too.

Philip, from what I've seen is alot like Gene off screen.

Tonight, BBC America is playing the final episode of "Life." So don't tell me how it ends ok???

Since it seems Ashes to Ashes is allready running in the UK, it'll be next year before I see it here in the states. I allready hear good things about the show.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

What was wrong with the original "Life on Mars" as seen on BBC America? I didn't see any reason it needed to be remade...

Yeah, I watch BL. Mostly for Spader, and the guy who plays Jerry. Both incredible comic talents. Oh, yeah, and for the babes.... and the social commentary... but mostly for the babes.

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
What was wrong with the original "Life on Mars" as seen on BBC America? I didn't see any reason it needed to be remade...

Yeah, I watch BL. Mostly for Spader, and the guy who plays Jerry. Both incredible comic talents. Oh, yeah, and for the babes.... and the social commentary... but mostly for the babes.

The reason is, that most people (the networks belive) would not get the humor or the places they go. So it is being "Americanized." That's why it's being remade.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I used to but then the guy who played Paul and Odo left. Not good. Shatner and Spader are great though.