The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > The original actors. What do you really think?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes View Post
I liked TNG but there was never the chemistry between the cast that existed in TOS
Even the potential sexual chemistry between Picard and Crusher (I mean beverly guys, c'mon) was almost non existent. That relationship could have been something but i don't think anyone cared that nothing much really happened.
I know there are a lot of factors in TNG not working on the big screen but i think in part it was a lack of this dynamic that kept TNG a tv show and note movie material.
First contact had a strong relationship but that was Picard's relationship with the Borg and how that effected his character. After that...
Data's relationship seemed more between him and the viewing audience. More a data does show and tell with his emotions. A few knowing smirks from fellow crew is nor real chemistry.
More than anything i think if Abrams can recapture the Kirk, McCoy, Spock dynamis that will determine wether the new movie is a real success or not.
This is one of the best posts I have seen on here. Great insight and very accurate IMHO.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:21 PM

Why is there so much animosity toward William Shatner? I've never felt that way about him. He's a human being like any other with his own faults and flaws just like the rest of us. I'll admit it disappointed me and made me feel bad when he did the whole "Get a life!" thing, like we fans and our love of the show meant nothing. Yeah, it hurt. But then i realized how tired Shatner must have been of it all, consuming his life like he was a mouse in a trap or something. And i thought, i understand. There comes a time in your life when it's clear to you what you were put here for and what you're going to be remembered for. After Star Trek, Shatner started writing and doing different kinds of t.v. shows and films, like he was trying to distance himself from Star Trek, but it always held him, always drew him back. He will forever be remembered as Captain Kirk, he has no choice. Hey Bill, wherever you are, as a fan i'd like to let you know, that being remembered as Captain Kirk is not a bad thing. The rest of us should be so lucky sir, we should be so lucky.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I do think casting Dolph Lungren as Kirk was a bad move...
Dolph as Kirk. Why do i like that?
Old 03-26-2008, 02:36 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes View Post
Dolph as Kirk. Why do i like that?
Because you "loved" him as The Punisher in that horrid early 90's movie verion?:D