The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > The Next Generation > Constitution-class in the 24th century! Here's the proof!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
You probably aren't the only one who would have hoped for better and fortunately I would have said the exact same thing to any sort of suggestion no matter what.

As it happens I don't have the slightest problem with the idea of the A being sent to mothballs or even broken up for scrap after her sunset voyage home.................it's what happens with a large number of ships in the real world whether they have had illustrious histories or not. They come to the end of their life, unromantically.

It would likely happen in Starfleet as well.
So, so true.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Rear Admiral

Well, I'm sure there were other Constitution-class starships around instead of the Enterprise-A. However, it is very possible that it could have been "A" since it was quite a historical ship being present at one of the most important peace accords ever to be signed in the Federation. And if it was, she certainly fought well!

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 08-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
Well, I'm sure there were other Constitution-class starships around instead of the Enterprise-A. However, it is very possible that it could have been "A" since it was quite a historical ship being present at one of the most important peace accords ever to be signed in the Federation. And if it was, she certainly fought well!
.......and apparently the Federation was throwing everything available including the kitchen sink at the Borg. "IF" she was still around and IF restored and in a museum and maneuverable...for my 2 cents, I guess that she would've been there to fight.

1) The Enterprise (TOS Refit) lost in the line of duty.

The Enterprise A took a whooping, but kept on flying for ???. Brought back for decommissioning. Repaired or junked...??? Probably Junked, but hey this is the Enterprise we are talking about...!!!
"Memory Alpha" has a notation stating:
Apocrypha Edit
  • According to the paperwork with the Bandai model kit, the Enterprise-A was mothballed into Memory Alpha's museum fleet.
  • According to William Shatner's novel The Ashes of Eden, The Enterprise-A was sold by Starfleet to the defense forces of the planet Chal, who appointed now-retired James Kirk as its commander. The vessel was later destroyed in the corona of Chal's sun during a battle with Klingon battle cruisers.
So it's just a guess as to what really happened to her...but...I choose the first explanation...

2) What happened to the Enterprise B? Lost/Destroyed in space due to the crew contacting a disease? So what what its demise...officially.....?

3) Enterprise C was lost in battle.

4) Enterprise D (Saucer) crashed due to Warp core breach in Secondary hull.

Would seem a shame for the "A" to have just been junked. History would tend for her to have been lost while under use. IDK
Old 08-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureguy View Post
.......and apparently the Federation was throwing everything available including the kitchen sink at the Borg. "IF" she was still around and IF restored and in a museum and maneuverable...for my 2 cents, I guess that she would've been there to fight.

1) The Enterprise (TOS Refit) lost in the line of duty.

The Enterprise A took a whooping, but kept on flying for ???. Brought back for decommissioning. Repaired or junked...??? Probably Junked, but hey this is the Enterprise we are talking about...!!!
"Memory Alpha" has a notation stating:
Apocrypha Edit
  • According to the paperwork with the Bandai model kit, the Enterprise-A was mothballed into Memory Alpha's museum fleet.
  • According to William Shatner's novel The Ashes of Eden, The Enterprise-A was sold by Starfleet to the defense forces of the planet Chal, who appointed now-retired James Kirk as its commander. The vessel was later destroyed in the corona of Chal's sun during a battle with Klingon battle cruisers.
So it's just a guess as to what really happened to her...but...I choose the first explanation...

2) What happened to the Enterprise B? Lost/Destroyed in space due to the crew contacting a disease? So what what its demise...officially.....?

3) Enterprise C was lost in battle.

4) Enterprise D (Saucer) crashed due to Warp core breach in Secondary hull.

Would seem a shame for the "A" to have just been junked. History would tend for her to have been lost while under use. IDK
I don't believe that the Enterprise-B was destroyed, rather than lost in space due to contacting a disease. However, if you look at the Memory Alpha article: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Enterprise-B regarding "B", it says it is still active as of 2293. But, they only go based on what is seen on screen as canon, which I can appreciate. But at the same time, they also consider TAS to be canon as well which is awesome too! I remember I attempted to change the status of the Enterprise-B on Memory and they said for me to change it back. Who knew.

Fans Expendable
Old 08-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Commander

With all the kit-bashes they had in TNG it could very well be a random class that has the same secondary hull design as the Constitution refit. I mean bits from the Miranda class and Excelsior class seem to get put together like Frankensteins monster enough, the Connie obviously has too.

As for if it is a Connie refit... I believe the Ent-A became a museum piece (can't remember where I heard that, could be from a book in which case not canon), I'm pretty sure Connie's were retired at the start of the 24th century, they could have dragged one out of mothballs, in which case, there is a chance it's the Ent-A, but could well be any other Connie that got retired rather than destroyed. There's nothing on screen to suggest it either way.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Rear Admiral

You see, that's what I love about Star Trek: So many things are open to speculation; which can both be a blessing and a curse.

Fans Expendable
Old 08-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Commander

As for if it is a Connie refit... I believe the Ent-A became a museum piece (can't remember where I heard that, could be from a book in which case not canon), I'm pretty sure Connie's were retired at the start of the 24th century, they could have dragged one out of mothballs, in which case, there is a chance it's the Ent-A, but could well be any other Connie that got retired rather than destroyed. There's nothing on screen to suggest it either way.[/quote]

I believe that Shatner wrote a novella about the Enterprise A being sold/given to some distant planet.
Still to get rid of such a historical ship in that way almost amounts to her being sold for scrap. Not an ending befitting her prior history.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Rear Admiral

Yes, it was called "The Ashes of Eden". For me, if there is no other explanation given for certain ships, people or worlds, that is when I personally consider the novels to be canon. But only that.

Fans Expendable
Old 08-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
Yes, it was called "The Ashes of Eden". For me, if there is no other explanation given for certain ships, people or worlds, that is when I personally consider the novels to be canon. But only that.

Does this take place after he dies and is resurrected by the Borg?
Old 08-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Rear Admiral

No, it takes place after the events of Star Trek VI.

Fans Expendable