The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > How Much Of A Trek Geek Are You?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Commander

LOL!!! This is great!! Wow Fullerton! My teaching assistant goes to CSF, small world!

http://www.dianahuang.com
Old 03-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Federation Councillor

Hmm now the secret's out!! We have college folk all around!!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Commander

LOL!! ex-college for me...finished a second degree in May. I teach drawing at a Chinese School. I know Quark is going to Santa Monica College...

Old 03-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaldo View Post
Well at least he didn't catch you photoshopping yourself into Enterprise!
OK, couldn't resist. Nothing against Enterprise here.

Helm, geek factor three!
*giggles like mad!*

i love it! im totally stealing that, geek factor 5 for me! you should see my cosplay! ^__^

detroi that is so cool, fullerton people are good people (mostly) weve got over 36,000 now, so its always nice to run into fullertonians

im graduating in december, and im SO friggin excited. Im going to take a few years off to teach english in japan and be an educator on a tall ship like the lady washington, and then maybe go back for an communication education degree
Old 03-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Commander

Cool cool... my younger sister is graduating from UC Riverside this year too. She's looking to go to law school eventually... she wants to do some "living" first... we'll see.

Enjoy your freedom while you can!!! I had this 3D teacher...we all think he's a total work-aholic... I'm in his same shoes....3 jobs. I don't need the extra money but I can't say no because the side jobs are so cool. I ask the "Great Wheel of Employment" for some "social life" time... DENIED!!!

Without even trying I've possibly picked up a fourth. As consolation... possible kick a** project coming up!!! 3D modeling of Dave(The Edge) Evan's guitar for a documentary. Cross my fingers!!!! I love U2!!! It'll probably take less than a week to model... figure out the camera path then... render!!! The project is to be done by June so there is lots of time. I need good quality photos of the guitar they want me to model to work off of... I wonder if I get to take the pictures myself and get to see the real guitar and the owner!!??!! teehee... Dave Evan's is so hot. Gee will you sign my sorry little acoustic guitar???

Nerd and geek... this forum is my only lifeline to my non-work related world. You guys remember Animaniacs? "Wheel of Morality turn turn turn... tell us the lesson that we should learn." What is the Ferengi spiritual diety? Nog mentioned it once when he and Jake were trying to cheer Ben Sisko by getting him a rare baseball card... but had to do all these tasks to make it happen? Well for me the great "Wheel/Circle of Employment" has been good to me.

Last edited by Ditroi : 03-20-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAlertRiker View Post
oh. oh. oh. ah. um. damnit. uhh...
*blushes like ive never blushed before*

my boss just caught me using paint to try to add me into voyager...

and she goes..what.....what are you doing? are you trying to add yourself into star trek!!!??? and.. and then she laughed. in a nice way but still. thats ..man.. i feel so akward right now!!!!

awww...... *wimpers in embarassment*
hehe. That's sweet!

Well I recently told a lie to my mum. She said, you're not doing the Star Trek fanfiction are you and I said, No. And she just left it at that I don't know if she believes me! Doesn't matter I'm going back to New Zealand in a few days anyway.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

Here I am, 45 years old, and I'm looking at the new releases of the classic phaser and communicator like an adolescent lusting after a Playboy on the magazine rack! $30.00 each! Ouch! (But they would look so great above my mantlepeice!) Ooooh, agony!

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:57 AM
Federation Councillor

Fan-

Same here.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Ensign

I have a 23 year old photo of me shaking hands with William Shatner,(I'll get it uploaded when i get a new scanner) from a classic auto show in New Orleans back in 1985.,(Shatner was the guest celebrity host at the event). Didn't get a chance to say much to him,( I mean they're were ONLY a few hundred people in line behind me wating to greet him). Does that qualify me as Trek geek?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt1962 View Post
I have a 23 year old photo of me shaking hands with William Shatner,(I'll get it uploaded when i get a new scanner) from a classic auto show in New Orleans back in 1985.,(Shatner was the guest celebrity host at the event). Didn't get a chance to say much to him,( I mean they're were ONLY a few hundred people in line behind me wating to greet him). Does that qualify me as Trek geek?

Bring it on Kurt!!

We'd love to see it!!