The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Films > Movies (I - X) > Most pointless and baffling aspects of the Trek films
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
Star Trek: The Beginning was the victim of the regime change/split at Paramount in 2006 and was promptly buried under a parakeet's cage lining afterwards.
Seems like a silly idea to call it "the Beginning" anyway...
Old 01-31-2010, 04:51 AM
Vice Admiral

I haven't seen Nemesis is it worth watching or is it a pile of **** just saying

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Old 01-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Federation Councillor

Depends on your perspective - much like ST09 you'll have fans that say each. I go with the latter myself.

Other's are more positive about it.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 01-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsrcks View Post
I haven't seen Nemesis is it worth watching or is it a pile of **** just saying
I think you will only like it if you are a TNG fan, like myself. It was a nice, final send-off to a great Enterprise crew. As for the story itself, it deals with an internal power struggle within the Romulan Empire, to which the Enterprise crew gets drawn into, its the last bit of Romulan story we get on screen regarding the Empire in the 24th century, prior to Nero.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Federation Councillor

I don't know - speaking as a particular fan of TNG (my first Trek series) I find it massively disappointing, especially in it's treatment of the characters towards the end. Unlike some, I actually like the wedding at the start because it's the closest we get to them all together as friends.

In the latter stages of the film everything just evaporates under the Shinzon nonsense and there are no proper finales the way that TUC managed to elegantly say 'goodbye' to the whole crew.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 02-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
I disagree. Throughout all off TNG, the helm did not seem like a very demanding bridge position (Geordi, Wesley, all those ensigns). Unlike in the other series which featured Sulu, Paris and Mayweather, piloting never seemed like a specialty but rather like something every officer aboard could do.
Troi just fits in there, a basic Academy course suffices to pilot the ship, and GEN showed that this comes in handy in emergencies.

The plot of STXI also resembles a typical goofy TOS episode. The search for god is perhaps not as good as e.g. accidentally meeting Greek gods like in "Who Mourns for Adonais?" but I consider the idea still to be fine.

I know that I am probably the only living Trekkie who loves INS, but the Sona and Baku were interesting IMO. It was a typical Shakespearean pattern, a private conflict among a small people gets interwoven with a larger political conflict. I could not care less about superficialities like the Sona makeup.
I loved Insurretion, it was a breath of fresh air for me. I also loved the opening of the movie, people say it's boring but just because it's not palm-sweating awseome doesn't mean it's not good.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Lieutenant Commander

TMP - The tiresome stalling which was obviously designed to stretch a one hour episode to feature film length.

TWOK - Khan's anger towards Kirk for not checking up on him on Ceti Alpha V. "Space Speed" contained absolutely no promise from Kirk, or any demand from Khan, that anything of the sort be done.

TSFS - The return of Spock, which made the death of Spock in the previous movie utterly pointless

TVH - Why didn't they replicate something more low-key for Spock to wear than a white robe?

TFF - The whole movie

TUC - The Scooby Doo ending.

GEN - Picard's decision to go back to Veridian III with Kirk to stop Soren, when he could have simply gone back to Ten-Forward and phasered Soren right there before he destroyed Armagosa.

FC - The Borg's decision to try and invade the Federation with only one cube when it clearly didn't work before.

INS - Why the entire "smuggle the Baku off the planet" thing was considered when it would have been obvious to them eventually that they had been moved. It would have made more sense to simply beam down openly, explain the situation to them, and move them, since legally the Baku planet was in Federation space.

NEM - The whole movie.