The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Caprica
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I forced my wife to watch the pilot (she is NOT a BSG or SciFi fan) and she actually loved it. She still needs to watch ep 2.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Lieutenant

Holy Frack. Who watched last night's episode? This relationship between Joseph and Daniel is very different than I thought it would be. I'm loving Joseph's brother Sam alot!
Old 02-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Federation Councillor

I'm not going to get to see the series for a while yet - I'm going to have to avoid this thread to not get spoilers!!!

courtesy of Saquist
Old 02-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Fleet Admiral

Avoiding this thread as well. The last two shows have piled up on my DVR. I'll get around to watching them eventually...
Old 02-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Lieutenant

Something's gotta be done about the ratings. I blame, yet again, SyFy for their marketing of the show. They've inadvertently made it appeal to only BSG fans by advertising it as a prequel. I know that's what it is, but when you watch it it's nothing like BSG. So SyFy could of gotten away with advertising it as a separate show entirely. BSG fans would of known and could of tuned in regardless. But opening the show to a new audience is tough when they think they need to know the universe. I also wish that NBC/Universal would of chose to air it on network TV, not cable. It's not like NBC has a hit line up of shows it needs to worry about. Why not put Caprica on a better time slot than Friday nights. (Where shows go to die) and have it on network.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:41 AM
Captain

Anybody else notice the voice of Eric Stoltz' "butler"?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:21 AM
Rear Admiral

OMG!!! Caprica's sooo good! Thumbs way up for it not being a BSG clone! I mean I loved BSG, but unlike with our beloved Trek series, this show is not just another iteration of its predecessor. This show is its own, and wonderfully so. I hope the ratings improve and it finds an audience. It well deserves it. This is quality science fiction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoore View Post
What did I miss there? Was that you?

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 02-15-2010, 04:52 AM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
What did I miss there? Was that you?
Unless I'm mistaken, it's Tim Russ. I don't find it on imdb, but it definitely sounded like him to me.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:49 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNG_Trekman View Post
Something's gotta be done about the ratings. I blame, yet again, SyFy for their marketing of the show. They've inadvertently made it appeal to only BSG fans by advertising it as a prequel. I know that's what it is, but when you watch it it's nothing like BSG. So SyFy could of gotten away with advertising it as a separate show entirely. BSG fans would of known and could of tuned in regardless. But opening the show to a new audience is tough when they think they need to know the universe. I also wish that NBC/Universal would of chose to air it on network TV, not cable. It's not like NBC has a hit line up of shows it needs to worry about. Why not put Caprica on a better time slot than Friday nights. (Where shows go to die) and have it on network.
Glad to know it's not at all like BSG. Even though I hated BSG, I thought Caprica looked cool but I was afraid it would be similar to its predecessor.
I think I might give it a shot after all, especially since there's a blatant lack of good scifi series these days.

And by the way, Friday nights is always where SyFy puts its best series and they don't usually suffer because of it. Stargate Atlantis had a five year run on Fridays and I'm not sure it would have done so much better on any other day of the week. And now they have SGU which seems to be doing quite fine as well. As a matter of fact, Friday nights are about the only slot during the week when there's barely any competition from the all the other networks, especially the big ones.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Unless I'm mistaken, it's Tim Russ. I don't find it on imdb, but it definitely sounded like him to me.
Hmm, I guess we'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Vaako View Post
Glad to know it's not at all like BSG. Even though I hated BSG, I thought Caprica looked cool but I was afraid it would be similar to its predecessor.
I think I might give it a shot after all, especially since there's a blatant lack of good scifi series these days.
Check it out, by all means. Very impressive and well worth a look.

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'