The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Worf And Troi
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 06:19 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
It was an 'opposites attract' thing or better a 'Beauty and the Beast' thing. There was some foreshadowing of the relationship, if memory serves, in the ep where Worf asked Deanna to be Alexander's guardian and maybe elsewhere. They didn't bother me the way Chakotay/7 did. To me that came totally out of the blue. I dunno, I just always wanted Harry and 7 to wind up together.
To me, Chakotay/7 was more realistic than Harry/7, even the hologram Doctor had more game than Harry. What i cann't figure out is why "Casanova" Paris didn't make his move on the hottest crew member. Oh, yeah, He was dreaming about Klingon forehead ridges!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by chator View Post
To me, Chakotay/7 was more realistic than Harry/7, even the hologram Doctor had more game than Harry. What i cann't figure out is why "Casanova" Paris didn't make his move on the hottest crew member. Oh, yeah, He was dreaming about Klingon forehead ridges!
Tom knew Harry's feelings and didn't want to step on his friend's toes. And yeah. Chakotay/7 was more realistic but I hoped Harry would get his game on. I just wanted that for him. But 7 and the Tattoo, I remember not seeing a few eps of Voyager and when those two got together I wondered where'd that come from and what the hell did I miss?!? Worf and Deanna didn't me.

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 02-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Although it was hinted at I think it was only after 'Parallels' where Worf and Troi were married in one alternate that they decided to try and take it into the actual series and see where it went.
Just caught that episode on Siffy...er.. Sci-Fi...um...Sy-Fy. Haven't seen it in years. Great ep! The origins of Worfroi and something of a mini-primer/prequel to ST'09!

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 02-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Commander

The producers throughout Star Trek have been really hit and miss with romances, DS9 is the only show in my opinion where it was consistently well done and quite often those shows weren't the ones you groaned at and said 'another romance episode'. Agree pretty much with what most people have said.

Worf and Troi to me will forever be seen as a mistake, evidently they saw it too as by GEN/DS9 it all appears forgotten and by Insurrection Riker/Troi hit it off again and Worf seems completely fine with it. Picard/Crusher was done a bit better, thought that may be more because that had 7 seasons to explore their will-they-won't-they relationship. Rikers escapades were almost as bad as Kirks, sometimes that was fine, but after awhile just got annoying.

Sisko-Kassidy, Rom-Leeta, Odo-Kira, Worf-Dax, Bashir-Dax, Garak-Zihaal, to me these all worked really well, even quite a few of the single episode relationships like Bashir-Sarina were quite well portrayed.

Harry-Anyone, Chakotay-Seven didn't work, Paris-Torres always had a chaotic on-off relationship, I get the feeling the writers behind the scenes had similar issues on the matter that the couple seemed too, some days it worked, other days it felt forced and contrived.

ENT did it quite well, a lot of people didn't like it but Trip-T'Pol worked quite well for me.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Ensign

It's posted in off topic because i can never decide where to put these random questions.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roysten View Post
The producers throughout Star Trek have been really hit and miss with romances, DS9 is the only show in my opinion where it was consistently well done and quite often those shows weren't the ones you groaned at and said 'another romance episode'. Agree pretty much with what most people have said.

Worf and Troi to me will forever be seen as a mistake, evidently they saw it too as by GEN/DS9 it all appears forgotten and by Insurrection Riker/Troi hit it off again and Worf seems completely fine with it. Picard/Crusher was done a bit better, thought that may be more because that had 7 seasons to explore their will-they-won't-they relationship. Rikers escapades were almost as bad as Kirks, sometimes that was fine, but after awhile just got annoying.

Sisko-Kassidy, Rom-Leeta, Odo-Kira, Worf-Dax, Bashir-Dax, Garak-Zihaal, to me these all worked really well, even quite a few of the single episode relationships like Bashir-Sarina were quite well portrayed.

Harry-Anyone, Chakotay-Seven didn't work, Paris-Torres always had a chaotic on-off relationship, I get the feeling the writers behind the scenes had similar issues on the matter that the couple seemed too, some days it worked, other days it felt forced and contrived.

ENT did it quite well, a lot of people didn't like it but Trip-T'Pol worked quite well for me.
Yeah, when you look at it DS9 did seem to have the best batting average of all the shows.

I kinda liked Beverly and Jean-Luc's 'never quite there' thing myself.

To this day I absolutely see and feel zero chemistry between Tom and Torres - not between the actors, not between the characters. I never bought them as a couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Rand View Post
It's posted in off topic because i can never decide where to put these random questions.
You could pop it in the series specific sub-forums but sometimes they can get overlooked there.

courtesy of Saquist