The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > They Can't Re do Khan!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Vice Admiral

That's fine that is your opinion.

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Old 01-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
OK, then how about some TOS-style antagonist for Kirk, someone like Lenard's Romulan commander or Koloth?
Maybe - depends what their plans are. It's all speculative just now.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Rear Admiral

All in all, after having put almost no thought into it, a big screen re-imagining of Space Seed wouldn't be the worst thing.

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 02-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Ensign

I agree, redoing space seed could work well, the only problem I see with that is, they would then feel the need to do TWOK for the 3rd movie. That I wouldnt want I dont think.

I love this movie and I love the direction they took. That being said, I feel there is no other direction for them in the next movie other than Klingons. Seriously. Nothing says TOS like Klingon bad guys. We didnt get them in the first movie except as cut pieces on the dvd. We need Klingons. Heck even Enterprise started out with Klingons. They understood, if your going to do a Prequel to Star Trek you gotta have the best bad boys of all the series.

Other than the Enterprise and her crew, nothing is more recognizable as Star Trek than Klingons. Nothing is more Star Trek than Klingons. Yes you have your Romulans and borg and what have you. But seriously. Do they really compare to Klingons in our hearts and our minds?

Kirks biggest antagonists throughout the series and the movies has always been Klingons. They need to explore that.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:17 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidFan View Post
I agree, redoing space seed could work well, the only problem I see with that is, they would then feel the need to do TWOK for the 3rd movie. That I wouldnt want I dont think.

I love this movie and I love the direction they took. That being said, I feel there is no other direction for them in the next movie other than Klingons. Seriously. Nothing says TOS like Klingon bad guys. We didnt get them in the first movie except as cut pieces on the dvd. We need Klingons. Heck even Enterprise started out with Klingons. They understood, if your going to do a Prequel to Star Trek you gotta have the best bad boys of all the series.

Other than the Enterprise and her crew, nothing is more recognizable as Star Trek than Klingons. Nothing is more Star Trek than Klingons. Yes you have your Romulans and borg and what have you. But seriously. Do they really compare to Klingons in our hearts and our minds?

Kirks biggest antagonists throughout the series and the movies has always been Klingons. They need to explore that.
In my big screen re-imaging Space Seed Khan dies at the end. Hence no Wrath of Kahn remake. Win win.

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 02-01-2010, 06:27 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
In my big screen re-imaging Space Seed Khan dies at the end. Hence no Wrath of Kahn remake. Win win.
OMG that would be lose lose. Khan can not die at the end of space seed!!!!!! lol you think people were up in arms over this movie, there would be riots if they redid space seed and killed Khan off at the end of it, for all intents and purposes, negating TWOK.

If they did that, first I would have to hunt you down and use an agonizer on you for coming up with the idea that they listened to. Then I would have to round up JJ and crew and leave them stranded on Ceti Alpha V
Old 02-01-2010, 06:35 AM
Vice Admiral

No they can't remake Space Seed or The Wrath of Khan the prime universe did that so let the new crew explore new and to boldy go where no man or woman has gone before

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Old 02-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidFan View Post
OMG that would be lose lose. Khan can not die at the end of space seed!!!!!! lol you think people were up in arms over this movie, there would be riots if they redid space seed and killed Khan off at the end of it, for all intents and purposes, negating TWOK.

If they did that, first I would have to hunt you down and use an agonizer on you for coming up with the idea that they listened to. Then I would have to round up JJ and crew and leave them stranded on Ceti Alpha V
Yeah, yeah, the 'hunt me down and agonize me' thing again- been there, done that. It's starting to get old. I'm going to start leaving home packing my phaser.

But I really wouldn't want to cause JJ and his peeps to be abused because of anything I did. Those angry mobs are really going to have to get over it. And they really need to get a li... no, ain't gonna say it.

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'