The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Original Series > The Immunity Syndrome
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default The Immunity Syndrome

You know this one of the episodes that might seem a little strange, but is still good in the process? Well in this episode there is strange unkown object/thing/being which would be called an Amobema. Only this is a space amobema that sucks energy and everything in its path. In the process it destroyed one of the Vulcan ships along with its crew/passnengers. On the other side of space the Enterprise and its crew is going on another tireing mission. And as the whole crew of the Enterprise are tried and worn out from a previous mission, and ready for much needed rest. On about there way to a destinaton, Spock seneses the destruction of the Vulcan ship as he looking through his viewer, and for brief moment is alarmed. Than after goes about his work, Kirk confronts his first officer about his actions. And as Spock explans about what happened, then later resaures Kirk that he okay for duty. Kirk thinking something wrong and dobuts him,sends him to sickbay. Afterwards he gets a measge from the fleet about the Vulcan ship being destroyed, now second thoughts about his over reaction to Spock earler when tryed to explain. Spock later returns to the bridge, and later the crew changes their destion to the amoba to investgate.Later on while invastgating the strange aombea, they get pulled in futher and futher in. As the get in deep to the amoba the ship begains to loose power, and at the same time the crew begains to get sick. With no other altertinve, Kirk is forced to send a shuttle out to find out more about the amobma, and the process have to send either Spock or McCoy to the shuttle as they have the knowlege of science. Later on chooses Spock because of his abilitys to handle a risky problems and his longer life span compare to McCoy. Anyways, after all is done the amoba gets destroyed by the Enterprise acting as virus to the amba thanks to Spock's information he sent back. The Enterprise and Spock is saved along with the rest of the glaxay. So anyways, what do think of this episode? I think its great one yet from season 2. I think in this episode Kirk had to face a diffacult desion,and it seemed to almost take a toll on him just like it did in Opperation Annilhite. He had to face of almost loosing one of the two of his best friends. And the diffacult desion he had to make in who was gonna be when he didnt want either out there, but it was for the safty of all them in oder for everybody to survive. So what you think?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Vice Admiral

I think it is a good episode

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Old 01-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Fleet Admiral

I like the episode, though it's one I've not watched many times.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Federation Councillor

Whenever I think of the claims about the silliness of the supernova in the new film I think back to the super-sized, star system destroying space Amoeba and chuckle a bit.....

......anyway, in and of itself not bad but not outstanding.

IIRC it has some nice McCoy/Spock scenes in it.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 01-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Captain

Another one I have not watched in a while but I agree there were some nice personal scenes between the Big Three.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:37 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I'd say its one of the more underrated episodes of the series.

In my 11th great Physics class, circa 1980, the teacher included a still photo of the Enterprise inside the Amoeba and used it as a 10 point bonus question.

Sad to say that's the only thing I remember about 11th grade...!!!!