The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > What to do...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 AM
Fleet Admiral

The strange thing is that she really tries to conquer me with erotic suggestions... which is unusual for a girl, right?
Another problem is that she is 8 years younger than me...

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 01-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
The strange thing is that she really tries to conquer me with erotic suggestions... which is unusual for a girl, right?
Another problem is that she is 8 years younger than me...
Not unusual in my experience AT ALL!

And an eight year age difference is only a real problem if you are younger than twenty-six. The older you are the less that difference means. I'm fifty-two and I date women in their thirties (I'm happy to be able to say).

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 01-29-2010, 07:49 AM
Fleet Admiral

Hm I'm 25

Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

-= first fan member =-

Old 01-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Captain

My rule is (was) half your age plus 7. Younger than 18 gets you in trouble in my country. It shouldn't be a matter of conquering- this a relationship not a millitary campaign. If she is sincere in what she expresses, then it is worth the wait and you can keep taking it slowly. If she is nothing but a tease, the Internet works just as well and will cost you less. I realize that people in Europe mature more quickly than they do in here America, but I have a hard time believing that a 17 year-old knows what she wants out of life. For any good to come from this, you both have to be in the frame of mind where you can both have fun but neither one gets hurt in the end. If you're prepared to try that, Kaplagh! I was never able to have a successful fling because I get emotionally involved very easily so I always purposely avoided encounters that I knew were doomed to end badly. Needless to say, I was very lonely.

Good luck!
Old 01-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Rear Admiral

What Vuedoc said.

Seventeen's not too far away from eighteen, it won't be long. As indicated above, eighteen's pretty much the magic age on this side of the pond. It may be different in Germany. If legality isn't an issue, consider maturity. She could emotionally older that her years and you may be younger than yours. That would make you more compatible. Consider her parents. I would not be particularly happy or acceptant of a seventeen year old daughter of mine romanticly involved with a twenty-five year old, to say the least. Some fathers could take extreme exception to it, possibly in the form of foot-to-a$$! And consider this- it would better for all involved if your approach is less Klingon and more Betazed. Use both heart and mind and try not to be so hormonal ...in other words, think with the big head not the little one. With thought and care the relationship could ultimately prove to be wonderfully Deltan!

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 01-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
It shouldn't be a matter of conquering- this a relationship not a millitary campaign. If she is sincere in what she expresses, then it is worth the wait and you can keep taking it slowly. If she is nothing but a tease, the Internet works just as well and will cost you less. I realize that people in Europe mature more quickly than they do in here America, but I have a hard time believing that a 17 year-old knows what she wants out of life. For any good to come from this, you both have to be in the frame of mind where you can both have fun but neither one gets hurt in the end. If you're prepared to try that, Kaplagh! I was never able to have a successful fling because I get emotionally involved very easily so I always purposely avoided encounters that I knew were doomed to end badly. Needless to say, I was very lonely.
So was I, because of the same reason. I always fell deeply in love with people who were just friends. This girl, however... is different. She said things to me I didn't expect to hear at all because I've never heard them.
I actually think a lot about her and when she writes exciting stuff, my physiological reactions are clear
She told me she's already told her friends about me, calling me her boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
She could emotionally older that her years and you may be younger than yours. That would make you more compatible. Consider her parents. I would not be particularly happy or acceptant of a seventeen year old daughter of mine romanticly involved with a twenty-five year old, to say the least. Some fathers could take extreme exception to it, possibly in the form of foot-to-a$$! And consider this- it would better for all involved if your approach is less Klingon and more Betazed. Use both heart and mind and try not to be so hormonal ...in other words, think with the big head not the little one. With thought and care the relationship could ultimately prove to be wonderfully Deltan!
Very nice examples, the Deltan thing made me laugh!!!
She almost behaves like a Vulcan sometimes, in discussions.
Then she shifts to behavior like trying to tickle me...
She already announced me as her boyfriend to her family XD
Her mother was nice and her brothers seemed to like me, but the father was really strange. She told me that he's always like that.
I never think with my glands It actually is her who takes the helm: she suddenly kissed me in the middle of a sentence, she showed me her vibrator, she asked for a massage, ...and I just obey, which is very strange but I somehow enjoy it

Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

-= first fan member =-

Old 01-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I'm not trying to be rude, but I just can't help myself... You're asking for girl advice on a Star Trek board.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagaditH View Post
I'm not trying to be rude, but I just can't help myself... You're asking for girl advice on a Star Trek board.
HEY Maga! I thought I was doin' pretty good here. I've been around the block more than a few times. And my son says my advice and guidance has been of great value to him. And ...ummm....the fact that he and I are both divorced is....really....uh....um...well....quite.....besid es the point....I must say......
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post

Very nice examples, the Deltan thing made me laugh!!!
She al most behaves like a Vulcan sometimes, in discussions.
Then she shifts to behavior like trying to tickle me...
She already announced me as her boyfriend to her family XD
Her mother was nice and her brothers seemed to like me, but the father was really strange. She told me that he's always like that.
I never think with my glands It actually is her who takes the helm: she suddenly kissed me in the middle of a sentence, she showed me her vibrator, she asked for a massage, ...and I just obey, which is very strange but I somehow enjoy it
OK let's see, her family likes you and she's shown you her v-machine. Sounds like things moving right along.
The obeying is not so strange, especially since you enjoy it. As I write this I'm watching the Enterprise ep Bound, with the three Orion women. Your friend wouldn't happen to be green complected, would she?

But seriously, remember what I said- heart and mind. This young lady could break your heart.

And I'm glad I made you laugh.

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 01-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I just think of this.
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/127096/S...SNL_Get_A_Life
Old 01-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagaditH View Post
Oh I've kissed a girl. In fact I used to be quite the 'Georgie-Porgie'!

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'