The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Most Annoying Person of 2009
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131  
Old 01-07-2010, 10:41 AM
janeway72's Avatar
janeway72 janeway72 is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Federation Starship Voyager
Posts: 4,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
Religious extremists are a scary group that's why I think Richard Dawkins makes some interesting points.
I don;t think the mind boggling ramblings of a few religious nuts are a reason think that Richard Dawkins is anything other that an irreligious nut
__________________

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Enterprise Captain's Avatar
Enterprise Captain Enterprise Captain is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Posts: 1,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway72 View Post
I don;t think the mind boggling ramblings of a few religious nuts are a reason think that Richard Dawkins is anything other that an irreligious nut
I don't see Richard Dawkins killing religious nuts to "better" the world but I do see religious nuts killing people in the name of "God."
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:12 AM
NCC-73515's Avatar
NCC-73515 NCC-73515 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 7,226
Default

Every - needs a +
__________________


"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:19 AM
horatio's Avatar
horatio horatio is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
Every - needs a +
Not at all. Just because there are some nazis, antifa jerks have no right to burn down peoples' cars. And just because there are some creationists, scientists who are not aware of the boundaries of science have no right to claim to know that God does not exist.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Enterprise Captain's Avatar
Enterprise Captain Enterprise Captain is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Posts: 1,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
Not at all. Just because there are some nazis, antifa jerks have no right to burn down peoples' cars. And just because there are some creationists, scientists who are not aware of the boundaries of science have no right to claim to know that God does not exist.
Your point doesn't seem to make much sense. People burning other peoples cars are causing property damage but how does an atheists claiming there is no God affect people? We can't prove the Big Bang Theory and we can't prove if God exists or not but does that mean we shouldn't take a stance on either topic?
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:36 AM
horatio's Avatar
horatio horatio is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,282
Default

Religion doesn't belong into the realm of science, the error of the creationists, and science doesn't belong into the realm of religion, the error of Dawkins.
God is something you believe in, the Big Bang is a theory that best fits all the known facts. No matter how hard extremists on both sides try, you cannot prove or disprove the former, you can only believe or not believe in God.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 AM
NCC-73515's Avatar
NCC-73515 NCC-73515 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 7,226
Default

Car destruction would also be -
__________________


"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Enterprise Captain's Avatar
Enterprise Captain Enterprise Captain is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Posts: 1,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
Religion doesn't belong into the realm of science, the error of the creationists, and science doesn't belong into the realm of religion, the error of Dawkins.
God is something you believe in, the Big Bang is a theory that best fits all the known facts. No matter how hard extremists on both sides try, you cannot prove or disprove the former, you can only believe or not believe in God.
Well maybe you will find this interview that Dawkins did as interesting as I did. I think Father Coyne makes some very good points.

Last edited by Enterprise Captain : 01-07-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:54 AM
NCC-73515's Avatar
NCC-73515 NCC-73515 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 7,226
Default

When did he say that?
__________________


"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.