The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Missed you guys
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Captain

Herzlich willkommen !

Old 12-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
I have never been the most flamboyant or vocal one in this forum but I have always appreciated those who were, and everyone else here for that matter. Yet I have been absent for the past 7 months and it has finally hurt enough that I want back in.

2009 saw a lot of difficulties for my medical practice that were both frustrating and depressing. Like many, I withdrew, but from more than just this board. I thought that if I tuned out everything else except work I'd be able to resolve the problems sooner. While the issues are far from over, it has taken me too long to realize that thank G-d my family is healthy, we are expecting a sister for my son, Sammy in April '10, I am financially intact, nothing bad has ever happened to my patients that was not unforseen or unordained, and I have some really great support. The latter group also includes this board.

So I'm coming back out of my shell and I'm already so happy that I have the chance to talk Trek with good people again. One or two of you have already noticed that I started to post again today and I'm grateful that my absence was noted. I'll never catch up with all the threads but I want to let everyone with whom I've chatted, argued, and bantered with in the past here know that I've deeply missed you all.

That, and I didn't want anyone to think that I was so pissed off about the movie that I haven't had anything good to say since May 8, 2009.
I think we talked some when I had the blood clot problem. If I remember you gave me some great advice. If it wasn't you, i'm sorry, I just remember talking with a doctor. Anyway, I am so happy things have worked out for you! Congrats on the baby, the practice and the feeling that things are really going well! Sometimes we have to step back, take a deep breath, and look at things from a different view or prespective. Welcome back!!! Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
I think we talked some when I had the blood clot problem. If I remember you gave me some great advice. If it wasn't you, i'm sorry, I just remember talking with a doctor. Anyway, I am so happy things have worked out for you! Congrats on the baby, the practice and the feeling that things are really going well! Sometimes we have to step back, take a deep breath, and look at things from a different view or prespective. Welcome back!!! Merry Christmas!!

It was I, and I'm glad things worked out for you too!