The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Kirk Spock & McCoy Encounter Darth Vader
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2008, 12:30 AM

Kirk and Spock would distract Vader while McCoy snuck up on him and administered a hypo spray, they'd then beam him up to the Enterprise where McCoy would give him a new set of arms and legs and a new kidney and Spock would mind meld with him and convince him that being on the dark side was totally illogical and then they'd let him go and he'd face the emporer down and destroy him and end the tyranny of the empire and renew the republic and episodes 4 through 6 would never happen and Luke would be a happy moisture farmer on Tatooine the rest of his days.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:14 AM
Captain

Oh that's good.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:17 AM
Captain

I can feel another movie coming on. Done in the vein of Alien versus Predator. Kirk Versus Vader. The poster of kirk and vader facing off.
I reckon if Shatner could do a good grimace for that poster without his teeth falling out it's a goer.

Last edited by Chris Fawkes : 03-18-2008 at 05:34 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:16 AM
Lieutenant

Last edited by Summer Storm Pictures : 03-18-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:19 AM
Midshipman

I like this idea. But could you imagine a Kiligon being a dark jedi. I think the Death Star would lay waste to the enterprise.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:56 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Rozwell View Post
I like this idea. But could you imagine a Kiligon being a dark jedi. I think the Death Star would lay waste to the enterprise.
The death star? you mean the big ball with a self destruct button built on the exterior.
I can't see how the enterprise could fail to blow that up.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:45 AM
Lieutenant

Not to add fuel to this silly discussion, but it seems any ship of sufficient speed (a Federation starship perhaps?) could just keep circling the Death Star, staying on the ''blind side'' away from the ''big gun'' and pound away with phasers, torpedoes etc. I just don't see the Death Star rotating anywhere near full impulse or sublight, not to mention light speed -- to keep a bead on anything long enough to fire at it.

Really bad defensive design that old Death Star had. Who the heck needs to waste time hitting the exhaust port?

''Destroy all you want. We'll build more.'' (the Death Star marketing tag-line).
Old 03-19-2008, 06:18 AM
Commander

Chris, I just want to say...

Best.
Effing.
Thread.
EVER.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Kirk: "What's with the ugly helmet?"
McCoy: "Got something to hide son?"
Vader "Mummy!"
Spock "Illogical, you have no mother."
Old 03-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Storm Pictures View Post
Not to add fuel to this silly discussion, but it seems any ship of sufficient speed (a Federation starship perhaps?) could just keep circling the Death Star, staying on the ''blind side'' away from the ''big gun'' and pound away with phasers, torpedoes etc. I just don't see the Death Star rotating anywhere near full impulse or sublight, not to mention light speed -- to keep a bead on anything long enough to fire at it.
Well, this situation does ignore the line about the DS' defenses being "designed around a direct, large-scale assault." GL clearly set up time and again that the Empire's shielding abilities were formidable to say the least... and this is backed up by even the Rebel base on Hoth, which when alerted to Destroyers jumping into the system, put up a shield which even the Empire couldn't penetrate with bombardment from orbit.

In short, the Death Star's power generative abilities would hold off an attack from the Enterprise indefinitely. Just as the E can "put all power on front shields", the DS could simply strengthen its shielding in the area under fire, since the E can only be in one place at one time to attack. Rotating shield strengths around the station instead of frequencies if necessary, to borrow the TREK strategy.

If the Rebels couldn't attack the DS from the 'outside' for this very reason, why would the Enterprise be able to do so? Just curious.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!