The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Comments & Suggestions > Absence of proper administration- lack of rule enforcement.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Federation Councillor

You'd think if there was a major presence, Redshirt or one of the others would have dropped a post in just to confirm.

That there has been no reassurance despite a couple of threads on the matter starting up certainly suggests a significantly declining presence.

That can only be a bad thing.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 10-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway72 View Post
strwarsrcks started her own forum a few weeks ago. I think I have the address around here somewhere
Haha! That didn't even go over well with Zardoz and he's a really nice floating God head thing...
Old 10-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
You'd think if there was a major presence, Redshirt or one of the others would have dropped a post in just to confirm.

That there has been no reassurance despite a couple of threads on the matter starting up certainly suggests a significantly declining presence.

That can only be a bad thing.
How long do you give it kevin? There hasn't been a major mod presence since at least June.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
How long do you give it kevin? There hasn't been a major mod presence since at least June.
I don't know, I seem to recall a while back that a lot of people here said the Star Trek.com forums became an inferior free-for-all in the wake of the last Star Trek wind-down and losing their mods.

The same thing may be happening here. But if it does start to degenerate there's really only so much can be done to prevent it - i.e not much without the mods.

There's been a sharp decline in the last couple weeks it seems to me.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 10-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Quote:
And we know why that is

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"
Old 10-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
I don't know, I seem to recall a while back that a lot of people here said the Star Trek.com forums became an inferior free-for-all in the wake of the last Star Trek wind-down and losing their mods.

The same thing may be happening here. But if it does start to degenerate there's really only so much can be done to prevent it - i.e not much without the mods.

You're not alone in that observation. The last month has honestly been one of substantial decline here. I just wonder what else contributed to it besides a lack of mods and the whole starwarsrcks situation? That can't be all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway72 View Post
And we know why that is
There has to be more than just that one reason. People disappeared before all of that began.

Last edited by jla1987 : 10-18-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Federation Councillor

It's to be expected that now the film is out there will be a lull until the sequel starts up, and since that will be a couple of years yet then there was always going to be filler.

The utterly ridiculous 'appreciation' thread nonsense was when it became clear there was no real effort at moderating anymore. A couple months back they would have been vanished or a post put out double-quick.

I can see things getting worse before they decide to clean it up for when they decide to start promoting the sequel.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 10-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Admiral

It might get slightly better when the DVD comes out as more threads (sensible ones) start as people get the chance to really get into the nitty gritty again

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"
Old 10-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
It's to be expected that now the film is out there will be a lull until the sequel starts up, and since that will be a couple of years yet then there was always going to be filler.

The utterly ridiculous 'appreciation' thread nonsense was when it became clear there was no real effort at moderating anymore. A couple months back they would have been vanished or a post put out double-quick.

I can see things getting worse before they decide to clean it up for when they decide to start promoting the sequel.
What impresses me is how quick it went from good to bad to terrible. It was like a one month span...
Old 10-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Admiral

But it's only in one part of the forum. Yes there has been some silliness in off-topic but not much and the regular ST (for the TV and old movies and books) is fine. It's only really in the STXI forum that things have gone belly up.